Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Show Us Your WWI German Imperial & Austro-Hungarian Posters!

Article about: Dear Forum users, I’d like to start a thread for those who collect ORIGINAL posters from the WWI German Imperial era and Austro-Hungarian Empire. Considering the posters are over 100 years o

Default Show Us Your WWI German Imperial & Austro-Hungarian Posters!

Dear Forum users, I’d like to start a thread for those who collect ORIGINAL posters from the WWI German Imperial era and Austro-Hungarian Empire. Considering the posters are over 100 years old, conservation and display is important. I hope you join-in on the display effort! Regards, Will
    -----------------

The red poster is one I obtained many years ago. It calls for recruiting men into the Cavalry "G" Protection Division. I was under the impression it was aimed at recruits in Munich but I am not certain. The street names on it might provide location on a map but I was unable to determine a town. Translation: "To the Volunteer Center, Nuremberger [Street] 89, [at the] corner of Electors Street, Cavalry ‘G’ (Protection) Division”.

The other poster next to the red one is a recruiting piece for "Freikorps von Brandis" formed in 1919 at Neuruppin, Brandenburg Province, Germany. Cordt von Brandis (1888-1972) was its commander. Note the meeting point for induction is listed on the poster as being at "Neuruppin, Friedrich-Wilhelm-Str. 87". This Korps saw action in the Baltic after WWI and the poster eludes (in illustration) that the soldier is stationed in the Baltics by virtue of the language on the background signs. I find it interesting, if even odd, the men seen in the background appear very unhappy about this German soldier in the foreground. Printed by Otto Elsner, Berlin, the poster has a faint signature that appears to be, "Alers". If you know of this artist or a surname of an artist similar, please reply. Now...Keep posting your originals!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Show Us Your WWI German Imperial & Austro-Hungarian Posters!   Show Us Your WWI German Imperial & Austro-Hungarian Posters!  

MAP
    ?

Unfortunately I have nothing to contribute but these are two really nice posters.

Hopefully others will have something to post. I'm sure there are not many surviving WW1 posters.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

None from me.
    I don't do well with paper items. Especially large pieces.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

I know that this isn't a poster in the true sense, but the artwork on the 'Kriegs Chronik' in my collection still makes it worthy of showing in this thread. Click on to enlarge.

Cheers,
    Steve.

Show Us Your WWI German Imperial & Austro-Hungarian Posters!