Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Treue Dienst Ehrenzeichen, 25 Jahre

Article about: Is this original or reproduction? It cost 40 euro.

?

Question Treue Dienst Ehrenzeichen, 25 Jahre

Is this original or reproduction?
    It cost 40 euro.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Treue Dienst Ehrenzeichen, 25 Jahre   Treue Dienst Ehrenzeichen, 25 Jahre  

Treue Dienst Ehrenzeichen, 25 Jahre   Treue Dienst Ehrenzeichen, 25 Jahre  

Last edited by rbminis; 08-23-2018 at 01:05 AM. Reason: Edited title to use the correct German terminology.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Treue Dienst Ehrenzeichen, 25 Jahre
    P
    Many

The weft of the ribbon is correct, as are the proportions and details of the medal itself. They are sometimes encountered with a sticker inside the lid of the case, denoting the manufacturer. I'd say this one is a good one. Nothing about it rings any alarm bells.

Also worth noting, this is not a police award, but rather a Civil Service Faithful Service Award (Treudienst-Ehrenzeichen für Beamte Angestellte und Arbeiter im öffentlichen Dienst, to give it its full name). It was awarded to civilians in the employ of the German public services.
    This is the 25-year version. Another, higher grade exists; for 40 years of faithful service. It is physically identical, but is in gold rather than silver. There was also a 50-year version, this one being considerably more rare and expensive in comparison to the other two grades.

All three grades shown below. Left to right: 50 Years, 40 Years, 25 Years.

Regards, B.B.

?

Looks original to me and in good condition too.

Edit: This is a Truedienst Ehrenzeichen 25 Jahre and a civil award. Nothing Police about it if I'm correct.

Regards, Rik

I agree. Compares perfect to mine in every detail.

?

Тhank you!
    Can you say which year it is?

Quote by emo155 View Post
    Тhank you!
    Can you say which year it is?
    It was instituted on 30 January 1938. From what I gather, the last one was awarded some time in 1941, although no concrete evidence of this exists. German record-keeping was so extensive that some parts of it were bound to be lost in the intervening years. It may have been manufactured beyond 1941, perhaps even until the downfall in 1945. I cannot say for certain, as I have not done much research into these awards.

B.B.

One of the most attractive medals IMO & a great "bang for the buck". A cased example for what this is offered for is a nice deal.
    D.