Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

WWII M1911A1 Cleaning Kit

Article about: I recently acquired this M1911 cleaning kit from a relative who passed, my Great Uncle Bubba! He was a WWII vet, spent some time in the Marshall Islands. I don't know a ton about this, I hav

Default WWII M1911A1 Cleaning Kit

I recently acquired this M1911 cleaning kit from a relative who passed, my Great Uncle Bubba! He was a WWII vet, spent some time in the Marshall Islands.

I don't know a ton about this, I have no idea what it could even be worth. There are a couple things I know of... Let me share some pictures. It could be image heavy, sorry. If requested, I can upload smaller resolution versions.

The main box.

Inside, roughly how I found it.

4 x Brass cleaning rods.

Inside the cylindrical container.

3 x unopened screwdrivers.

1 x opened screwdrivers.

Left and right WWII Keyes "Fiber" M1911A1 pistol grips with the "Star K".

Left and right WWII M1911A1 pistol grips. I don't know who made these. One says 6(or 9), one I think says 11.

The full kit.

Pflueger Speede Fishing Reel Oil No. 379.

Inside the parts kit. I don't know what the folded up stuff is...

What I know, recoil spring plug, 3 x Extractors, 2 x firing pin springs?, barrel link, magazine catch lock, disconnector, 3x sear springs, 3 pistol grip screws...

Any info on this would be great! Unsure if I will hold onto it.

Cheers!

?

Looks like a squad cleaning kit.
    The grips with the K in a star are "Keyes Fiber grips used on early Remington Rands and Ithacas
    (No reinforcement rings)
    Keyes grips have the "K" in a star on inside of grip.**/*"

Found that info here in the grip section!

http://coolgunsite.com/pistols/1911infopage.htm

Sorry! I Reread you post! you already got that info!!!!

Nice collection of parts. Do you have a 1911?

The pic's were not showing up for me on my Guberment computer so had to use my phone.

Semper Fi
    Phil

Very nice Squad cleaning kit. It is missing a few items to be complete. Grips were not original to the kit but are WWII era. I believe the cleaning rods would have been parkerized for a WWII era kit. Spare parts are also not original to the kit. Great piece of history in good condition. Do you have a USGI 1911A1 to display with it?
    John

I don't have a classic USGI 1911 unfortunately. Only new ones! Which is one reason I may not keep this kit. This was the only WWII piece I found of his, so I wonder if it was his originally or if he got it from someone else... Might have to visit a specific M1911 forum perhaps to find a collector of this type of thing to get some serious info.
    Last edited by DrewPlusPlus; 09-18-2018 at 10:57 PM.

So I ended up selling it. Do y'all think I should wrap up each item before shipping or send it with everything in the metal box?

The items gone....but a request for the future...photographing items on camo often looks “cool” but it doesn’t allow things to be clearly seen...A light plain neutral colour trumps camo all day long....for us old folk at least. :-)

MAP
    ?

Quote by DrewPlusPlus View Post
    So I ended up selling it. Do y'all think I should wrap up each item before shipping or send it with everything in the metal box?
    Never shipped anything like this. I would think that if you packed the box with cotton balls so nothing moves and then wrap the box in bubble wrap it should be fine........Just a guess on my part.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Some packing material inside the box and bubble wrap the outside. Good to go.
    John

Great cleaning kit!I have the box for one, its empty,picked it up for 1.00 at a yardsale,has some rust patina,lady didnt know what it was,I didnt either at the time, thought it was work a buck anyway.Its marked CLI MAX Ham Ohio.Who made yours?This has the issue no. on the top.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WWII M1911A1 Cleaning Kit   WWII M1911A1 Cleaning Kit  

WWII M1911A1 Cleaning Kit   WWII M1911A1 Cleaning Kit  

WWII M1911A1 Cleaning Kit  

Good value Toecutter, now you get to fill it. That is the fun part, thrill of the chase. WWII should have parkerized cleaning rods, painted steel parts tin & oiler, parkerized takedown tools and brass brushes.
    John

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast