Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Help to ID PNG canteen

Article about: Hi All, This is my first post! I lived in PNG as a teenager and still have a few things i collected there. One is this canteen. it has the owners name engraved on it and I've often thought o

?

Quote by JDK View Post
    Hi Type4,
    That's what I thought from googling. The screw thread is really a high quality piece.
    But it doesn't look like any other officer canteen I've been able to look up.

All my officer canteen without cover are like this, of course this is just a relic one

here one of mine without cover

Help to ID PNG canteen

JDK
    ?

Brilliant! Thanks for that.
    That sure looks like a very much nicer one the same.
    Does it have the same stamp and kanji underneath?
    I've tried to work out what it means - it looks more and more irrelevant, but - this is what I can get -
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Help to ID PNG canteen  

JDK
    ?

Thanks MAP,
    I edited the newest image first and it's the right way up.
    It's a pain!

MAP
    ?

Quote by JDK View Post
    Thanks MAP,
    I edited the newest image first and it's the right way up.
    It's a pain!
    Well for us old guys who still use PC's and cameras...it's not a problem

But seriously. It is a pain as I too sometimes upload from a cell phone, but not a forum software issues. It the phones software. That said, I don't have a problem ever since I switched to the Google Pixel 2 last year.

That said, from what I can see the photos in post #1 are still sideways ? insert scratch head emoji here
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

JDK
    ?

Interesting. Agreed it is a phone software problem. I never had it happen until this Samsung Galaxy 7 Edge.

MAP
    ?

Rotated and cropped

Try using this method for uploading photos. It's fairly simple.

Visual Guide to Upload Photos

Help to ID PNG canteen

Help to ID PNG canteen

Help to ID PNG canteen

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

MAP
    ?

Quote by JDK View Post
    Interesting. Agreed it is a phone software problem. I never had it happen until this Samsung Galaxy 7 Edge.
    I'm not a techie at all but I've always guess it has to do with the auto rotation. Take a photo with the phone on the side/Horizontal but look at it with the phone Vertically and it looks OK on the phone, but when you upload it reverts to the horizontal plane....but I could be all wrong....

Some people say if you edit it on the phone it fixes the problem too...

JDK
    ?

From my searches, it's a phone software issue. Even rotating and resaving in the phone editor doesn't fix it.
    But posting from dropbox does. I will do that from now on ......

MAP
    ?

Quote by JDK View Post
    From my searches, it's a phone software issue. Even rotating and resaving in the phone editor doesn't fix it.
    But posting from dropbox does. I will do that from now on ......
    Only if you upload them to the forum from dropbox. Photohosting linking is against forum rules. Just an fyi.......

JDK
    ?

No problem!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2