Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

Mosin Nagant 91/30

Article about: Hello all, I picked up my first Mosin Nagant at a local gun show a few days ago. It's far from being in pristine shape but was fairly priced so I decided to purchase it. It came with a moder

Default Mosin Nagant 91/30

Hello all, I picked up my first Mosin Nagant at a local gun show a few days ago. It's far from being in pristine shape but was fairly priced so I decided to purchase it. It came with a modern rear sight rail (which I already removed) and I am yet to reinstall the correct, period, rear sight which did come with the rifle. I just wanted to show it off here; any and all comments and opinions are welcome as usual!

Mosin Nagant 91/30Mosin Nagant 91/30Mosin Nagant 91/30Mosin Nagant 91/30Mosin Nagant 91/30Mosin Nagant 91/30Mosin Nagant 91/30

The famous Russian workhorse. Nice to see one with what looks like an original stock. Most of the ones available to us deact collectors are Soviet refurbs.

Regards, B.B.

?

Yet another great buy, CH!
    Great, salty looking rifle with loads of history... and a cracking date, too!

Well done mate,
    Bob

Thank y’all for the replies! Definently is a little bit of a salty example but it likely saw loads of action, and I do love the 1941 date!

PRE
    ?

It needs a MN butt plate instead of the padded butt.

Quote by PRE View Post
    It needs a MN butt plate instead of the padded butt.
    Been meaning to remove it; will get her fixed up whenever I get the correct rear sight installed

Still a nice score and actually looks pretty decent. Good thing you grabbed it for a fair price as I read prices have jumped considerably. Days of the $50 Mosins long gone.

The rifle has been refurbished, but has seen obvious use since then resulting in most of the shellac being worn off- Izhevsk made 'hammer and sickle in a wreath' stamping (1928 onwards). Welcome to the very, very large MN owners club!