MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

Gas Hoods in use photo

Article about: Part of group of items belonging to one man who annoyingly have been split by the seller on ebay. I have managed to win some of the lots. Among them is this photograph of Officer Cadets from

Default Gas Hoods in use photo

Part of group of items belonging to one man who annoyingly have been split by the seller on ebay. I have managed to win some of the lots.

Among them is this photograph of Officer Cadets from the Inns of Court OTC undertaking combat training wearing Gas Hoods.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Gas Hoods in use photo  
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Jerry it irritates me as well when I see particularly photos split up, ripped from albums all so some phillistine can maximise a profit. It's a form of historical and cultural vandalism.

Quote by Anderson View Post
    Jerry it irritates me as well when I see particularly photos split up, ripped from albums all so some phillistine can maximise a profit. It's a form of historical and cultural vandalism.
    It wasn't just photo's, but also letters, his memorial scroll and the letter to his next of kin of his posthumous issue of his great war pair. I got the latter but someone else won his memorial scroll and these should have stayed together, sickening really.

Also a postcard he sent to his sister 3 months before he died, a calling card, more photos, post cards, other ephemera including pictures of him as a child.
    Regards,

Jerry

Hello, white band for training?
    The best Militaria forum in France is here : http://deutsch-militaria.forumactif.us/

Quote by lebus12 View Post
    Hello, white band for training?
    For officer cadets, used on both the side cap and the SD cap, in WWII they also used a white disc behind the cap badge for the Beret and GS Cap.
    Regards,

Jerry

A great photo, thanks for posting it. I too find it distressing to see groups split up for the sake of a few extra pounds. Sadly the sellers don't share our sense of history and see them as just a financial resource.

I wonder what happened to those PH helmets. They probably sat in stores for the next 60 years until someone decided nobody would want them and threw them out.

Jerry, that's even worse. Particularly when the items have remained together for a century under the care of others. To be ended by the final weak link in the chain.

Quote by Anderson View Post
    Jerry, that's even worse. Particularly when the items have remained together for a century under the care of others. To be ended by the final weak link in the chain.
    It is the worst case I have personally seen.

This fabric card is from the group, he sent it to his sister not long after arrivng in France and just three months before he was kia.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Gas Hoods in use photo  
    Regards,

Jerry