Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Help in idetification 84/98

Article about: Hi, I can buy bayonet but is problem in recognition this one. Is only letter "J" or number "7" on spin blade. I've searched a lot of information but I can't clearly deter

Question Help in idetification 84/98

Hi,

I can buy bayonet but is problem in recognition this one. Is only letter "J" or number "7" on spin blade.
    I've searched a lot of information but I can't clearly determine the origin. Maybe this bayonet was used in Spain...
    Please, help.
    Photos:

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Help in idetification 84/98
    P
    Many

Using the available low resolution pictures I'm not sure just what it is that we are looking at. The bayonet looking to be heavily reworked with perhaps a set of replacement grips, it might require some taking it apart to look for markings. Best Regards, Fred

I can't see if there is any WaA mark on the pommel, but with the mark on the base of the ricasso I'm thinking maybe Spanish contract. The screws are non standard so suggest a rework. Better photos needed.

Thanks for Your replies. I give up because it was reworked-as You claim. I'll look for another one.
    Regards.

?

Same opinion export S84/98 to Spain, but it was sharpened and the screws replaced probably. b.r.Andy

Likewise regarding the observations, in checking a reference example that may be a partial stamping of a stylized 'O' or 'Q' at the base of the ricasso (?). Not only sharpened, I also suspect that the point has been shortened with originals having a longer and larger upper false edge. A physical examination also may have shown a numbered bayonet catch release, and possibly an intact or erased Waffenamt on the tang. Best Regards, Fred