Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Kriegsabzeichen fur die Marine-Artillerie Otto Placzek Junker Berlin

Article about: I got this, as well as a Destroyer badge, Radio Operator Luftwaffe badge, Kuban shield, silver SA sports badge and a supposedly gold SA sports badge from a dealer/collector in the St. Louis

Default Kriegsabzeichen fur die Marine-Artillerie Otto Placzek Junker Berlin

I got this, as well as a Destroyer badge, Radio Operator Luftwaffe badge, Kuban shield, silver SA sports badge and a supposedly gold SA sports badge from a dealer/collector in the St. Louis area. I know these badges are heavily faked. He told me the guy from the Antiques Roadshow looked at his collection and said everything was good. I don't know enough about these badges to know for sure, so I'm looking for opinions. Thank you for taking a look and helping. Bill Kriegsabzeichen fur die Marine-Artillerie Otto Placzek Junker BerlinKriegsabzeichen fur die Marine-Artillerie Otto Placzek Junker BerlinKriegsabzeichen fur die Marine-Artillerie Otto Placzek Junker BerlinKriegsabzeichen fur die Marine-Artillerie Otto Placzek Junker BerlinKriegsabzeichen fur die Marine-Artillerie Otto Placzek Junker BerlinKriegsabzeichen fur die Marine-Artillerie Otto Placzek Junker BerlinKriegsabzeichen fur die Marine-Artillerie Otto Placzek Junker Berlin
    Last edited by rbminis; 11-20-2018 at 02:20 AM. Reason: Edited title to use the correct German terminology.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Kriegsabzeichen fur die Marine-Artillerie Otto Placzek Junker Berlin
    P
    Many

Looks correct to me
    D

Quote by real steel View Post
    Looks correct to me
    D
    I thought it all looked good, but I also felt it was a bit soft on detail on the obverse.
    That's why I didn't post on this one at first.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

raz
    ?

A good tombak mid war award with no finish left . Raz

MAP
    ?

Lots of wear on the reverse but gilding on the front looks new.....and shouldn't the gun be silvered/blacken? Or am I totally wrong and that isn't paint. If you look at the 1st photo, upper left inside, a bit blurry but it looks like newer paint to me.

See a similar Juncker

Kriegsabzeichen fur die Marine-Artillerie for review

But the award looks like an original Juncker variation 1.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Thank you all for the comments. When I looked online for other ones to look at, they all were gold on the front like mine. But, that link you provided MAP makes me wonder too. I already found out I got taken with the 'gold' SA sports badge...hope I didn't get taken on this one too. I'll see what others post. For what it's worth..I like the look on the black center/gold wreath version. Also...MAP... I looked at the pic you were talking about and I think that is a 'shine' from the light. The light was positioned on the right side so it would reflect some. At least I think that is what you were referring to.

I agree with the other posters - i think this is a good badge. The hinge, pin and catch on the reverse all match up to tombak Juncker type 1. The makers mark looks spot on as well as the oval line that runs around the bottom of the reverse.
    I think on the obverse it has been re-gilded / painted, including the centre which should not be like this. I think this has softened the detail a bit.

Look out for comments from Martin or Norm - not to discredit anyone who has posted so far, but they are very knowledgable on these.

Nick

My example for comparison
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Kriegsabzeichen fur die Marine-Artillerie Otto Placzek Junker Berlin   Kriegsabzeichen fur die Marine-Artillerie Otto Placzek Junker Berlin  

A nice side by side of the obverse for examination (click to expand):

The tip of the barrel, the eagle's head look a bit funny but it may just be the picture.

Nice job Nick
    There are differences. Actually the entire gun, the base it is mounted on, bottom "X" ribbon, possibly a variation in the die ?
    D.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast