Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Legitimate Heer Helmet?

Article about: I've been trying to find a helmet for awhile now and I had a friend come across one that he believes is real. With how good fakes are now a days, I'd thought I'd post it here to get a quick

Hi, as the gent's have said, all original M40, just suffering from being scrubbed back, but a fair price. Leon.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Legitimate Heer Helmet?
    P
    Many

TWS
    ?

Quote by MAP View Post
    Which sadly is out of print, but can be found used with a Google search.
    Yes, or at one of the big shows. Don't even bother with Amazon. Over $400 there.
    Todd
    Former U.S. Army Tanker.
    "Best job I ever had."

MAP
    ?

Quote by TWS View Post
    Yes, or at one of the big shows. Don't even bother with Amazon. Over $400 there.
    Yes. I always look at the small shows I go to ....just in case I can find one to pass along. Unfortunately I haven't see one yet. I would think there would be enough demand to warrant a re-printing.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Guess I am the only one that would leave it sitting for 325 , I would save up and shell out 900 for a really good one.
    The scrubbed ones will Always be a sore point in any collection.

Thank you, I'll check out those stickies and check out that website. Thanks for the book recommendation too. I know my question is probably way more complicated than I realize.

Quote by Schwerpunkt View Post
    Guess I am the only one that would leave it sitting for 325 , I would save up and shell out 900 for a really good one.
    The scrubbed ones will Always be a sore point in any collection.
    It's something I'm still figuring out. As I would like to get one that's not too expensive as an intro helmet as I learn the ropes, I am not opposed to saving to get a quality example of a German helmet. The latter seems like the better idea but I'm still trying to come up with that decision.

MAP
    ?

Buy what makes you happy. But always understand the pros and cons of each helmet so you know what to expect if you ever sell it.

If it was me, I would wait for "the one". Might take longer and cost more though
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Quote by HRR2448 View Post
    It's something I'm still figuring out. As I would like to get one that's not too expensive as an intro helmet as I learn the ropes, I am not opposed to saving to get a quality example of a German helmet. The latter seems like the better idea but I'm still trying to come up with that decision.
    The advantage with using the forum is that you can safely invest in a really good one straight away ;-)
    If the scrubbed one was really no money like 50 or a 100 I'd say yeah ok as a first.
    But still it is one you will be moving as soon as you build up your collection.

TWS
    ?

Quote by MAP View Post
    Yes. I always look at the small shows I go to ....just in case I can find one to pass along. Unfortunately I haven't see one yet. I would think there would be enough demand to warrant a re-printing.
    I was lucky. A while back a fellow collector sold me his mint copy for definitely a "collector to collector" price. Yes, you would think a reprinting would be in order...
    Todd
    Former U.S. Army Tanker.
    "Best job I ever had."

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3