Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

German helmet *opinion*

Article about: So this helmet is 500 usd. I’m not trying to buy it but I was just wondering if these where the type that I should save up for.? Also it seems that there was camouflage on the back of it onc

Default German helmet *opinion*

So this helmet is 500 usd. I’m not trying to buy it but I was just wondering if these where the type that I should save up for.? Also it seems that there was camouflage on the back of it once that seemed very weird.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture German helmet *opinion*   German helmet *opinion*  

German helmet *opinion*   German helmet *opinion*  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement German helmet *opinion*
    P
    Many

That's more like it! A very respectable Luftwaffe lid. The decal has suffered some damage, but this is common. It does appear there was an overpaint of some kind that has since been removed. Not a top shelf item by any means, but a perfectly good piece for any helmet collection, and leagues ahead of the other lids you've posted previously.

B.B.

Awesome! My next check I will proudly own a helmet of this caliber hopefully!

Quote by Giants77 View Post
    Awesome! My next check I will proudly own a helmet of this caliber hopefully!
    In all honesty, Luftwaffe helmets are among the most affordable combat lids on the market. If you were willing to push the envelope a little further, you could probably find one with a better decal and the chinstrap still in place. It's all up to you. Some prefer minty examples, others like helmets with some wear and tear. It all comes down to personal taste.

B.B.

?

Quote by BrodieBartfast View Post
    If you were willing to push the envelope a little further, you could probably find one with a better decal and the chinstrap still in place.
    B.B.
    Maybe not even for a higher price, If you hang on to the money you set aside for a while and be patient, then you may find one for a better price and a better deal, etc.
    P.S: Well said, Brodie!

If you are going for decalled examples make sure to get a sharp in focus close-up of the decal. Just to make sure it is an authentic decal.

This is a nice M40, nice tight liner that looks like it has never been out of the helmet. I love the feldgrau coarse paint on this.
    Do get a close up of the decal as Schwerpunkt says.
    And get the manufacturer - late war Quist M40 helmets would not have a decal. And NS M40 helmets it would be very rare to see a Luftwaffe decal.
    The more facts you have the better.

nick

I agree with B.B .... for a little more USD you could get one with an original chinstrap, and a lot clearer decal.
    They are quite common so I'm sure you wont have to wait to long.

MAP
    ?

If a Mod see's this post, best to link the two threads as a new one was started

*help* Luftwaffe Helmet

As I said in the other thread, it looks like a nice example. If it "speaks" to you, then go for it. (with the caveat of knowing the maker and hopefully getting a clearer photo of the decal).
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Here is the close up.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture German helmet *opinion*  

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast