Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

German helmet *opinion*

Article about: So this helmet is 500 usd. I’m not trying to buy it but I was just wondering if these where the type that I should save up for.? Also it seems that there was camouflage on the back of it onc

Hi Giants77 .... As I said in one of the other Forums you posted... you seem desperate to get hold of a German WW2 Helmet whatever the condition as long as its under $500.
    Not sure where you are looking for one but they appear to be poor to fair condition.
    Look at the Helmets on this Forums Classified ... There are a lot better for little more $.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement German helmet *opinion*
    P
    Many

I still like this one. I don't think the price is outrageous, although you may find better if you keep looking.
    The decal looks OK to me but I'd wait for other opinions also. Did you get the maker and lot number? It's important to always get this including photos of the stamps.
    Nick

The decal looks fine to me.

Quote by HoundsTooth View Post
    This is a nice M40, nice tight liner that looks like it has never been out of the helmet. I love the feldgrau coarse paint on this.
    Do get a close up of the decal as Schwerpunkt says.
    And get the manufacturer - late war Quist M40 helmets would not have a decal. And NS M40 helmets it would be very rare to see a Luftwaffe decal.
    The more facts you have the better.

nick
    the rough texture & vent holes appear to be SE/HKP

This is what he sent me I can’t really make a whole lot out of it but what do you guys think?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture German helmet *opinion*   German helmet *opinion*  

Looks like an hkp (SE) helmet in size 64 as David has already surmised from the vent holes and texture:

Another example of HKP stamp:
    German helmet *opinion*

I personally still like this helmet. Although I would want to spend a bit more money for a better decal, I would still be happy to have this one on my shelf.
    Nick

MAP
    ?

I agree with Nick. I see nothing wrong with the helmet. It appears from the photos to be a solid all original representative example of a WW2 combat helmet. A "Plain Jane". A good way start a collection.

The rest is personal preference. If it "speaks" to Giant77 and he is OK with the price, then go for it!!!
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2