Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

M42 German helmet

Article about: The liner on this helmet seems like it was meant for a bigger helmet because there’s bends where the buckles for the chinstrap are everything else seems legit am I right about the liner? He’

Default M42 German helmet

The liner on this helmet seems like it was meant for a bigger helmet because there’s bends where the buckles for the chinstrap are everything else seems legit am I right about the liner? He’s sending me batch number and makers mark when he gets back home.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M42 German helmet   M42 German helmet  

M42 German helmet   M42 German helmet  

M42 German helmet  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M42 German helmet
    P
    Many

?

In my amateur opinion, I do not like the aging on that liner.

This one is nice. It's a late war HKP probably a size 64-66 shell. Lot# 43xx is probably of late 1943-44 so left the factory with no decal. The liner is actually a nice fit. The slight bends by the chin bales are there to give room for movement of the chinstrap bale swivel. Every wartime liner shows those indentations
    D.

What do you think this type of helmet is worth?

A nice helmet that shows honest use. A bit rough around the edges, but a perfectly good mid-/late-war M42.

I know we don't like to give valuations here, but I'd say this one falls just within your $500 budget. Someone please correct me if I'm off with that price tag. But with the general wear, paint spots, and the dent on the left side of the skirt, that's about what I'd be willing to pay for it.

B.B.

Hi, you have found a good one there, a decent no decal M42 just as it should be. Leon.

It’s worth around about your budget ..... Stop torturing yourself and treat yourself for Xmas.
    If Real Steel says it’s a good one then it is.

Quote by Stevade View Post
    It’s worth around about your budget ..... Stop torturing yourself and treat yourself for Xmas.
    If Real Steel says it’s a good one then it is.
    You see how you have learned already?

Keep it up and enjoy it!

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

Very nice helmet - the liner looks good to me also.
    If it is around $500 then i would grab this one.
    Nick

Quote by HoundsTooth View Post
    Very nice helmet - the liner looks good to me also.
    If it is around $500 then i would grab this one.
    Nick
    Agree...it's a bit "rough" as B.B. noted, but at least it's original & intact. Better than the others you posted here. $500 is tops

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast