Hello!

I bought on a serious auction a german medals lot that includes one imperial russian badge (although it came without identifying). The rest of the medals, all of them German, between the II and III Reich, were good and original. In my collection I have no medal of Imperial Russia, and my knowledge on the subject is very limited.

After a few hours searching for information on the internet, I've discovered that it's a badge of the Life-guards finlandsky regiment. But it's a miniature, because it measures 20 x 20 mm.

Do any of you know this kind of badges? On the internet I've found examples but of the normal size badge (42 x 42 mm), not of any miniature. I've examined it closely and nothing makes me think it could be a replica. The details of the eagle are very well done (although it has an arrow of one of the claws sectioned). In the back, around the needle, there are several signs but I can not tell if there can be a manufacturer's mark or not. Anyway, I've seen very few miniatures with marking. I'm not a very good photographer and the images I think will not do it justice.

Thanks in advance.

Badge of Life-guards finlandsky regiment