Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

German M42 helmet

Article about: Hey guys I think I’ve decided that I’m going to get this helmet everything checks the boxes for me so far just want to make sure I get the go ahead from you guys. Also this helmet comes with

Default German M42 helmet

Hey guys I think I’ve decided that I’m going to get this helmet. just want to make sure I get the go ahead from you guys. Also this helmet comes with kelly H. Signed COA, I’ve heard he’s respected inside the collecting community. But as I said I want the yes from you guys before anything else. EF66 and seems to be a brushed on Camo as you can see the brush marks. *I will be giving an arm and a leg for it lol*
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture German M42 helmet   German M42 helmet  

German M42 helmet   German M42 helmet  

Last edited by Giants77; 01-07-2019 at 05:09 AM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement German M42 helmet
    P
    Many

Hi, well the camo certainly has age to it, i personally am not "grabbed" by this one though myself. It stands a good chance of being period done, i cannot see any obvious signs that it was not, just not "grabbing me" for some reason. Kelly is well respected, but just one little tip, COA's are not worth anything, only the item! A COA is just another persons opinion and not a rock solid provenance. Just for example, Kelly has been issuing COA's on SS champaigne decals for years even though there is no evidence(photographic or otherwise) that they are wartime produced at all, in fact there is more evidence to the contrary and just about every collector who does not have the misfortune to own one dismisses them out of hand!! Leon.

Personally i'm not a fan of this camo - i'm not saying either way whether it is genuine, but I just don't find it that appealing. I can understand why you want a camo, but just make sure you don't rush in to your purchase.
    I've purchased a helmet from Kelly and I found him easy to deal with and a straight forward process.
    The CoA - well I have one, but it's the helmet itself that should do the talking.

Nick

A signed C of A just means that you will get your money back if (or when) your purchase turns out to be fake. Lifetime guarantees are just the same, take them with a pinch of salt. I've seen more German camo helmets on here in the last 12 months than I have ever seen in the past 50 or more years. At one time they seemed to be as rare as rocking horse shit. I must be getting cynical in my advancing years.

Cheers,
    Steve

Coa’s are toilet paper , just a money grabbing scheme.
    You may need to look into Kelly Hicks a little further, while he wrote some books he is just a dealer like any other. $$$ upfront.

For this helmet you’d want to find out if it came out of a factory with decal. Getting the lot nr and where the maker stamp is located are always important with M42’s.

Really poor photos to for a camo.

I would need much better pics before buying this.
    D.

He says it’s an EF 66 but his pictures make it hard to make it out. And what is which the markings below it. Looks like 23?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture German M42 helmet  

The first number looks like a '9' to me. Hard to make out, as the paint has filled it in somewhat. That would be the lot number. I don't know very much about those, unfortunately. Hopefully David can lend his expertise here.

B.B.

Can't tell...EF lot #'s on m42 helmets...common to see a weak stamp that cannot be deciphered as this one is. Often..the EF logo is faint to a point of being almost invisible.
    Also want to add...I would leave this one alone. Not one to pursue. You ever need to move this in the future, it's going to be tough to do, with or without a coa. Invest in a nice factory decaled heer, luft or police.
    D

Alright thank you I will continue to keep searching for other helmets.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast