Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

German M42 helmet

Article about: Hey guys I think I’ve decided that I’m going to get this helmet everything checks the boxes for me so far just want to make sure I get the go ahead from you guys. Also this helmet comes with

?

Looks like a good coastal artillery type camouflage with elements of sea green.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement German M42 helmet
    P
    Many

Still not convinced, if the markings are anything to believe then EF66 and 63 or 93 range might be Heer, but coastal artillery would be KM right?

I can't believe that anyone would be crazy enough to part with 2850 usd for that load of shite. I couldn't care less how 'period' a camo might look... proving it beyond reasonable doubt is an entirely different matter. And when sums of money like that are involved you would have to be mad to even consider it.

Quote by BlackCat1982 View Post
    Still not convinced, if the markings are anything to believe then EF66 and 63 or 93 range might be Heer, but coastal artillery would be KM right?
    Hello,
    Not necessarily, there were Coastal artillery units from the Wehrmacht Heer also.
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

MAP
    ?

Quote by HARRY THE MOLE View Post
    I can't believe that anyone would be crazy enough to part with 2850 usd for that load of shite. I couldn't care less how 'period' a camo might look... proving it beyond reasonable doubt is an entirely different matter. And when sums of money like that are involved you would have to be mad to even consider it.
    Well Steve, I think you have summed it up...

The poor photo quality of the helmet leave us no choice but to pass on providing an authentication based on typical analysis (chips, age, wear, decal, no decal, etc. etc.).

That leaves us with nothing better to do than to waste time debating the camo "pattern".

Now I've seen many odd, crazy and wonky camo patterns that have been deemed by the collecting community to be legit, Some even looked like a finger painting by a child... so for me the pattern is not out of the realm of being believable. The "sea foam green" (classic bridesmaids color) and the burnt orange colors are not unheard of.

But it is "non-standard" (well if there ever is a standard camo... but you know what mean. LoL) so as I noted earlier, even if the photos were good....if you can't get a concensus it is crazy to pursue a helmet like this with a sky high price of close to $3k!
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4