Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Heer Pioneer Leutnant's Summer Tunic

Article about: Hello all, I just received my latest German tunic this morning. It belonged to a Heer Pioneer Leutnant, who presumably served on the Eastern Front in Southern Russia. The tunic does have som

Default Heer Pioneer Leutnant's Summer Tunic

Hello all, I just received my latest German tunic this morning. It belonged to a Heer Pioneer Leutnant, who presumably served on the Eastern Front in Southern Russia. The tunic does have some minor holes and some small staining, but overall I'm really happy with this one and am hoping to eventually get a mannequin and build a proper setup for it Any and all comments and opinions are welcomed and appreciated as always

Heer Pioneer Leutnant's Summer TunicHeer Pioneer Leutnant's Summer TunicHeer Pioneer Leutnant's Summer TunicHeer Pioneer Leutnant's Summer TunicHeer Pioneer Leutnant's Summer TunicHeer Pioneer Leutnant's Summer TunicHeer Pioneer Leutnant's Summer TunicHeer Pioneer Leutnant's Summer TunicHeer Pioneer Leutnant's Summer TunicHeer Pioneer Leutnant's Summer TunicHeer Pioneer Leutnant's Summer Tunic

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Heer Pioneer Leutnant's Summer Tunic
    P
    Many

Nice jacket...like the pioneer branch best.
    D.

MAP
    ?

I just love cotton tunics. They looks so nice when they fade
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Hello Gentlemen,
    It's raining lightweight tunics these days or what ?....
    That's a nice one. I like the dark green collar taken from a regulation Feldbluse.
    And again, woven Offizier collar patches, they're also nice in black...
    You should check underneath the Krim shield and both ribbons at the buttonhole to see if the cloth is darker...
    Insignia look in very good condition. Not saying they've been replaced, but that's a possibility as the person who sewn them was less skilled than the one who made this tunic.
    In your case the tunic is the first step for the start of a mannequin set up. The easier part is now behind and there is some serious work ahead for you. Breeches or straight pants?, Cavalry boots (for showing off), so-called Officer boots or ankle boots?, what headgear: helmet, M43 or even M34 alter Art (would be lovely)....for sure if you want a 1944 mannequin you need a 45 or 50mm Officer leather belt, but if your mannequin depicts an Officer in 1942 or 43, you can use an EM/NCOs leather belt with buckle. Holster P.08 or P.38? or even something else, mapcase?, binos?, flashlight?...so many possibilities, so many choices to make...

In order to help you out a bit, this is how my Artillerie Officer set up is :
    Officer M43 in Feldgrau gabardine, Lightweight tunic in green cloth, Feldgrau breeches without leather seat, but Kavallerie Reitstiefel (for showing off as i mentioned it earlier), with regulation spurs (the supreme coquetry for a non mounted Officer). Light Brown 50mm Officer belt, Brown P.08 holster placed under the left breast pocket and bakelite binos case on the other side. Tan binos hang around the neck.....no fioritura....oh i forgot, he's got a folded map inserted in the french cuff on the left sleeve...
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

I see no signs of a prior eagle being removed. On these cotton tunics, usually you can see the pin holes from past insignia being removed. The collar tabs are machine sewn & appear unaltered.
    D.

Thank y’all for the comments! I checked under the ribbons and Krim shield just now, the area underneath the ribbons is not darker; the area underneath the Krim shield has a imprint from where the shield has rubbed against the shoulder, but the cloth is not darker. I will try to upload pictures shortly

Couldn't get good outside pictures or a good angle behind the ribbons since they're stitched to the tunic, but there is a clear imprint from the Krim shield; I'm not sure if its been on the tunic for 75+ years though, please let me know what you think and I'll try to get some better pictures up soon

Heer Pioneer Leutnant's Summer TunicHeer Pioneer Leutnant's Summer Tunic

Quote by real steel View Post
    I see no signs of a prior eagle being removed. On these cotton tunics, usually you can see the pin holes from past insignia being removed. The collar tabs are machine sewn & appear unaltered.
    D.
    Hello,
    David : I see no sign of a prior eagle being removed as well, but there are ways to "fix" that on cotton cloth, i've done it before.
    You can almost remove small holes, even those from removed insignia that were period applied, i've also done it with great result.
    I'm not saying that's the case here, of course not, just saying that these insignia (eagle, ribbons) in very good condition were sewn by a blind and one-handed person...not the work of a civilian or company tailor.
    Concerning the Officer collar tabs, they may be unaltered but the collar itself comes from a regulation Feldbluse...it means this Feldbluse never had EM Litzen sewn on, or that these Litzen were removed to sew on these Officer tabs...
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)