Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Luftwaffe officer's cap?

Article about: Unsure if this is authentic. My folks bought it at a farm auction sometime around 1984 in Iowa (during the farm crisis). My understanding is the farmer was a former GI during the war. The br

Default Luftwaffe officer's cap?

Unsure if this is authentic. My folks bought it at a farm auction sometime around 1984 in Iowa (during the farm crisis). My understanding is the farmer was a former GI during the war. The braid is undone on the left side, there is a moth hole in the back, and a name on the inside. On the same date they got a frogger which had a scrap of German newspaper in it. I've always assumed there's an obituary for the owner (looks like "Aubart"?) in it, but I don't know the language and I especially don't know kurrent. Any help appreciated - I can provide additional pics. It's in fairly good shape but there is at least one small moth hole. If it's a repro, well, that's life. Just kinda odd it was where it was as long as it was.

Thanks in advance.

Luftwaffe officer's cap?
    Luftwaffe officer's cap?
    Luftwaffe officer's cap?
    Luftwaffe officer's cap?
    Luftwaffe officer's cap?
    Luftwaffe officer's cap?
    Luftwaffe officer's cap?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Luftwaffe officer's cap?
    P
    Many

Hello--

Cap is a good one by one of the premier makers, Erel (Robert Lubstein).
    It is for an EM/NCO from the flight/paratroopers branch.

However, it does appear that the veteran (or his kids) swapped out the leather chinstrap with celleon political leaders chincords (which are incorrect).
    Other than that, you have a nice private-purchase example, congrats!
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

Here is an example of another Erel private-purchase visor with the leather chinstrap in place:
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Luftwaffe officer's cap?  

Quote by stonemint View Post
    Here is an example of another Erel private-purchase visor with the leather chinstrap in place:
    Thanks a ton. Strange about the strap. Can you make out the autograph - i.e., is it "Aubart"? I've kicked around some of the German war record sites and couldn't find anything with that particular name.

MAP
    ?

Quote by dwhitham View Post
    Thanks a ton. Strange about the strap. Can you make out the autograph - i.e., is it "Aubart"? I've kicked around some of the German war record sites and couldn't find anything with that particular name.
    Doesn't look like Aubart. The first for letters (Auba) seem correct but do not think the last two are "rt". Could be wrong. Second to last could be an "n" or a "u"??? No idea on the last letter.

That said, even if we can decipher, the chances of finding out who he was with just a surname will be very unlikely.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Are there any unit markings under the sweatband?