Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sd m42

Article about: Hey guys as my Luftwaffe DD makes it trip over to it’s new home now I’m on the hunt for another lol and I think this M-42 would look great next to my ND M-42 let me know what you guys think

Default Sd m42

Hey guys as my Luftwaffe DD makes it trip over to it’s new home now I’m on the hunt for another lol and I think this M-42 would look great next to my ND M-42 let me know what you guys think
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Sd m42   Sd m42  

Sd m42   Sd m42  

Sd m42   Sd m42  

Sd m42   Sd m42  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Sd m42
    P
    Many

Hi Giants, looks good to me, the chinstrap may be an earlier one that's been added to it, but that's no big deal. Leon.

I agree that this is a nice helmet and would look good alongside your other helmets.
    One thing - To add to what Leon has said about the potential 'early' chinstrap - the whole liner assembly looks to be an early war aluminium with the re-enforced bands. Can you ask for photos of the pins to help determine if it has been swapped?
    Maybe, when the helmet was made this was all they had, but this seems unlikely.
    Nick

Quote by HoundsTooth View Post
    I agree that this is a nice helmet and would look good alongside your other helmets.
    One thing - To add to what Leon has said about the potential 'early' chinstrap - the whole liner assembly looks to be an early war aluminium with the re-enforced bands. Can you ask for photos of the pins to help determine if it has been swapped?
    Maybe, when the helmet was made this was all they had, but this seems unlikely.
    Nick
    Good spot Nick, didn't notice that in my haste, looks like a possible liner swap? Leon.

Mras is quite an unusual name. The VDK list only 12 losses with such a surname, which although there is no direct link with this M42 it does provide a thought provoking link to what events it may have witnessed.

GeburtsdatumTodes-/ VermisstendatumGeburtsort
    Mras Ernst 09.06.1914 /01.01.1943
    Mras Franz 20.11.1914 /01.01.1943
    Mras Franz 19.12.1920 /20.07.1942 Wien
    Mras Franz 21.09.1922 /01.01.1943
    Mras Franz 01.07.1928 /01.01.1945
    Mras Friedrich-Johann 21.02.1913 /30.08.1940 Schattau
    Mras Fritz 22.02.1910 /26.04.1942 Sensomitz
    Mras Gerhard 1901 /27.07.1946
    Mras Hermann 22.09.1911 /07.06.1945 Agnetheln
    Mras Jan 27.09.1926 /13.03.1945
    Mras Johann 21.04.1910 /27.11.1942 Unserfrau
    Mras Josef 11.02.1906 /10.01.1944 Tschechen

M38
    ?

The liner could be a Werner Zahn, who made aluminum bands up til 1943. Need to know the date on the band.

Cheers,
    Terry

Yeah I’ll try to get more photos for you guys but with liner maybe being more than likely replaced that is more than likely going to turn me away from this helmet thank you guys also BlackCat how did you find those records I’ve been trying to and I can’t find them anywhere.

Thanks Terry - it would be great to see some dates on the liner band and also the maker stamp.
    David was also talking about liner bands the other day and I think he said you sometimes see re-enforced aluminium liner bands in M42s...

nick

MAP
    ?

Quote by HoundsTooth View Post
    Thanks Terry - it would be great to see some dates on the liner band and also the maker stamp.
    David was also talking about liner bands the other day and I think he said you sometimes see re-enforced aluminium liner bands in M42s...

nick
    Correct. But still need to double check.

I'm cautiously optimistic give the condition of the liner. Would have thought someone, if they were swapping in a new liner would have put a nicer one in.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Sorry guys I forgot to say that he told me the liner band was dated 43. So would this be original to this helmet maybe or no

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast