Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

ID'd WWII 502nd PIR D Day/Combat Vet Uniform Group and Souvenirs

Article about: Hello, Just wondering if anyone else has been watching this grouping listed on eBay? It is a complete named group of uniform grouping and other bring back items are from the 101st Airborne D

Default ID'd WWII 502nd PIR D Day/Combat Vet Uniform Group and Souvenirs

Hello, Just wondering if anyone else has been watching this grouping listed on eBay? It is a complete named group of uniform grouping and other bring back items are from the 101st Airborne Division, 502nd Parachute Infantry Regiment. One item including a German Gas mask Canister with Vet art on it, labelled with Names or regions. Normandy (with parachute), Carentan, Camp Mourmelon, St. Martin, Holland (WITH PARACHUTE), Zonsehe, Bastogne and Ruhr. Fascinating grouping...

Anyone have any Idea where the Ceiling could be in price on this?

Original ID'd WW2 502nd PIR D Day/Combat Vet Uniform Group + More. | eBay

Avoid this seller, he throws together completely fabricated groups with repro items. Here is a thread that expands on this seller over at USMF. On Ebay - are these WW2 Airborne uniforms real or not? - REAL OR WHAT? - U.S. Militaria Forum

Thank you for the reply and Link to the thread, I knew something had to be fishy. Much appreciated!

Sad that someone will lose a lot of money on this lot.

He sold a Chaplains uniform a few days ago and I believe it went for 1300.00ish. I did not have a good feeling about it when I saw it but I guess others believe its good.

Marty
    Last edited by Tank Destroyer; 03-29-2019 at 03:13 AM.
    Fortune favors the brave 644th td

That guy has sold A LOT of extra rare and awesome groupings. Too many 101st abn groupings for one man to be honest

The 506th grouping had the most obvious fakes. The 506th DIs were terrible reproductions as was the leather pocket patch. That group ended up selling for $5200.... It still amazes me that someone would pay that amount without doing some basic research.

This gave me a good chuckle over at USMF. I think our seller in question is getting angry about people questioning his items (Picture is credited to MattS over at USMF)
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture ID'd WWII 502nd PIR D Day/Combat Vet Uniform Group and Souvenirs