Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

Opinions On ARVN M1 Helmet

Article about: I recently found this ARVN helmet listed on a website for \\$300. Here's what the seller said "The helmet is in excellent condition and shows almost no wear at all. It has a two color cam

Default Opinions On ARVN M1 Helmet

I recently found this ARVN helmet listed on a website for $300. Here's what the seller said

"The helmet is in excellent condition and shows almost no wear at all. It has a two color camo pattern on it. The web strap is very good, I have not tried to move or adjust it. The liner is near mint with light wear also. the webbing is dated Sept 67. The helmet is untouched and just as found."

I would greatly appreciate it if someone could give their expertise and opinions on the helmet and its pricing.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Opinions On ARVN M1 Helmet   Opinions On ARVN M1 Helmet  

Opinions On ARVN M1 Helmet   Opinions On ARVN M1 Helmet  

Opinions On ARVN M1 Helmet  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Opinions On ARVN M1 Helmet
    P
    Many

Mod will need to approve you before we can see the pictures but I will say if it’s a ARVN helmet it’s a mine field with them due to the number of fakes. Does the seller have a return policy?

Marty
    Fortune favors the brave 644th td

Yes, the seller does have a return policy. While I'm awaiting to be approved, should I just post the link?

Default New Member

Hi, I'm a new member awating approval. I'm high schooler from southern Michigan and have only been collecting for a couple years but I know enough to keep myself out of trouble. My focus is german awards from the second and third Reich. Though occasionally I will pick up headgear from various nations. Though not my focus, I did spend a year rigorously researching Pickelhauben and therefore I'm very knowledgeable on the topic of imperial spiked helmets.

Welcome to the forum!
    I hope you enjoy your stay and that we are able to help you find what you are looking for.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

To say this is a ARVN helmet is just one persons opinion,without solid providence there is no way to prove it and then you have entered the ream of speculation. It’s not one for me.

Marty
    Fortune favors the brave 644th td

Thumbs up

Quote by Khoilety View Post
    I recently found this ARVN helmet listed on a website for $300. Here's what the seller said "The helmet is in excellent condition and shows almost no wear at all."
    I would greatly appreciate it if someone could give their expertise and opinions on the helmet and its pricing.
    Welcome, non-expert opinion provider here.

The following link is a wiki page, I was thinking if you wanted, you could try and determine what type of material is used on the inside of your helmet and compare eras, maybe? Not sure if that would give you anything. I recently invested in a $75 microscope on Amazon, maybe you could check it out? anyways, best of luck.
    M1 helmet - Wikipedia

Quote by SirCaleb View Post
    I was thinking if you wanted, you could try and determine what type of material is used on the inside of your helmet and compare eras, maybe?
    There is no need for such a forensic approach here. This style of liner came into production in 1965, removing the WWII style chin strap, changing the nape strap set up and a distinctive redesign of the suspension webbing to the asterisk pattern not requiring the lace tie in the bottom. As the liner webbing is also dated '67, I feel the age of the liner is not up for debate. The shell would most likely have a heat stamp under the front rim, this would help with aging the shell. I would suggest it could be a very late WWII era production shell.. The chinstraps, being painted olive drab and without anchor stamps, most likely date from the early 1950's. Most Korean War helmets have painted hardware chinstraps. As far as being an ARVN used helmet. Various camo schemes were certainly used but without providence.. as has been stated above, this is impossible to prove.