Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Opinions on a wire M40

Article about: Hello, I'd like to get some opinions on a helmet I found on ebay, looks to me like a reissue M40 with some strange looking wire on it, seller says it is a barn find, liner appears a bit weir

Default Opinions on a wire M40

Hello,
    I'd like to get some opinions on a helmet I found on ebay, looks to me like a reissue M40 with some strange looking wire on it, seller says it is a barn find, liner appears a bit weird though,it has 9 tongues despite being a 64 shell, don't 64 size liners only have 8 tongues?
    If it works out I will be looking at it in person next week and to get a better look at it. But I will see.
    Opinions on a wire M40Opinions on a wire M40Opinions on a wire M40Opinions on a wire M40Opinions on a wire M40Opinions on a wire M40Opinions on a wire M40Opinions on a wire M40Opinions on a wire M40
    cheers,
    Luis

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Opinions on a wire M40
    P
    Many

Pics are terrible (for a good reason). Total fabrication inside & out, even the shell itself is dubious. Maker font looks incorrect too IMO. Let this one go.
    D.

MAP
    ?

I would agree. A ground up creation. Maybe "made in a barn"...not found in a barn?
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Thanks for your opinions,
    I myself was skeptical of this helmet, too from the beginning, and will let this one slide, just looked at the chin strap, and the "RB NR." makes no sense, so yeah, a fake for sure.
    Indeed, I was wondering why the liner looked so weird, too, and funly enough, since I asked if I could look at the helmet in person I haven't seen any replies from the seller what a surprise.

Always take your time, be patient & show future items here first before buying. We have some of the most experienced collectors here in all fields.
    Welcome to the forum
    D.

TWS
    ?

Agree with David and Michael. All bad.
    Todd
    Former U.S. Army Tanker.
    "Best job I ever had."

looks like a piss helmet , one they urinated on to speed up the oxidation process :-)