Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Another try; Q64 M40 SD SS helmet

Article about: Good day people, I have another example for you helmet 'veterans', and I am very curious about your honest opinions, please. I have this information so far: Quist, model 40, size 64. Liner s

?

Default Another try; Q64 M40 SD SS helmet

Good day people,

I have another example for you helmet 'veterans',
    and I am very curious about your honest opinions, please.

I have this information so far:

Quist, model 40, size 64.
    Liner size 58
    chinstrap from '41, from Otto Gehrckens Pinneberg (does this one belong, at all?)
    Q64 stamp
    R531 stamp, I believe this is the production number?

In addition, some pictures, for your consideration.
    Sadly, I cannot provide better quality.

Another try; Q64 M40 SD SS helmetAnother try; Q64 M40 SD SS helmetAnother try; Q64 M40 SD SS helmetAnother try; Q64 M40 SD SS helmetAnother try; Q64 M40 SD SS helmetAnother try; Q64 M40 SD SS helmetAnother try; Q64 M40 SD SS helmetAnother try; Q64 M40 SD SS helmetAnother try; Q64 M40 SD SS helmet

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Another try; Q64 M40 SD SS helmet
    P
    Many

I also saw this one advertised. I'm quite hopeful on this, but definitely wait for some more opinions...
    Nick

Don't make any assumptions on what I say, but to me it could be a good one, looks like a Q decal, and after looking at the ghv database there were SD SS helmets in the R prefix lotnumber range, but better wait for the experienced folks . I'm just basing on what I've learnt so far, never had a proper SS helmet in my hands yet so.. yeah. Just one with remains of a decal.
    Luis

I like what I see , but if sold much under market price I would be careful.

Hi, well the "points/corners" to the runes are non-uniformed so that is a good sign ( for a Quist ). I cannot tell if the runes finish just below the break to the shield so I will only go as far as to say that it has a good chance of being correct from what I can see. Leon.

?

First of all,
    Thank you for your time and opinions.

I made this picture, and to me, the runes stop below the shield break.

I see a lot of these helmets with a dark brown / blackish chin strap.
    This one has a more lighter color. Could this be because of wear?

Edit:
    ..And, in the 4th picture, the rivet seems another color as well.
    Did this one get replaced, maybe?

I am here to learn, so excuse me if the questions are weird.

Thanks again.
    Attached Images Attached Images Another try; Q64 M40 SD SS helmet 

I am not seeing what I like to see. The left rune on Quist SS decals is always wider/thicker than the right. Add to that as Leon pointed out..the bottom left rune looks above the edge break. But sometimes that is seen. Your zoomed image is not helpful, it's the left rune that Leon speaks of. Is there any "action" on the non-decaled side ? It looks like some rubbing or un- natural wear. Would ask for close up of non-decaled side

Your liner should not be size 58 in a 64 shell. That takes a 56/57 liner band. Chinstrap looks fine
    Overall...from these pics I am not sure. I want to say it's good, but I can't. These Q decals should be "one lookers". When I have to zoom in & out, look at it 12 times...I pass. But that's just me. Here is a good Quist. Note the wider bottom leg of left rune
    D.
    Attached Images Attached Images Another try; Q64 M40 SD SS helmet 
    Last edited by real steel; 05-02-2019 at 07:20 PM.

?

real steel,

I asked for a better picture of the non decal side.
    I tried measuring the runes, and in my opinion the left one is thicker.
    But, the photo could be taken at an angle.

What I did: I zoomed and made a line, on the bottom of the rune, it's length is the thickness.
    Then I simply moved this exact line to the left rune, and it seems too short.

Anyway, take this with a grain of salt, or better yet, ignore this experiment.
    I am bad at ms-paint or anything like that.

I asked about the liner as well.

If the helmet is bad, well, another example for everyone to use,
    for verification in the future.

If the left one is thicker...that's a good thing. What happens with me, if I stare too long at SS runes...my mind plays tricks on me. That's why for me...if I have to do all that staring & comparing, I leave it alone. I like to own examples similar to the one I posted for you. A "one looker". Here's another textbook Q.
    D.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Another try; Q64 M40 SD SS helmet  

side by side
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Another try; Q64 M40 SD SS helmet   Another try; Q64 M40 SD SS helmet  

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast