Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

M35 DD Luft Helmet

Article about: I just picked up my first Double Decal helmet at a local militaria show this weekend, Its a Quist M35 DD Luft and although its far from being in great shape I'm quite happy with it. If you l

Default M35 DD Luft Helmet

I just picked up my first Double Decal helmet at a local militaria show this weekend, Its a Quist M35 DD Luft and although its far from being in great shape I'm quite happy with it. If you look closely you can see that the helmet used to be wrapped in chickenwire, and was likely reissued as another luftwaffe decal appeared to be painted over (Will try to upload a better picture of this soon). Looks like this helmet saw quite a bit of service, let me know what y'all think

M35 DD Luft HelmetM35 DD Luft HelmetM35 DD Luft HelmetM35 DD Luft HelmetM35 DD Luft HelmetM35 DD Luft HelmetM35 DD Luft Helmet

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M35 DD Luft Helmet
    P
    Many

Here's some better pictures of the decals

M35 DD Luft HelmetM35 DD Luft Helmet

MAP
    ?

Can't help with the decals as I'm on a cell phone.

But interesting to see that the non-reinforced aluminum liner band has broken and been repaired. These were weak and prone to breaking thus necessitating the switch to the reinforced liner band.

I know Q lot #'s are a bit wonky and don't always follow a linear progression but most the range before and after this lot # have reinforced bands and are dated 38/39. Can you look at the split pins? Do they look like they have been tampered with?

Regards,

M
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

One of the split pins is a bit loose but not super loose, the other is fairly tight

Nice salty helmet chbingle! Well done.

Won't comment on the decals but the paint has patina to it and appears to match well with the paint on the pins. The paint is quite dark but this may be due to ageing/patina?

The whole helmet is pretty uniform both inside and out and I especially like the thickness of the paint particularly where it is missing and worn down to the steel surface.

See what others have to say about the decals.

MAP
    ?

Quote by chbingle View Post
    One of the split pins is a bit loose but not super loose, the other is fairly tight
    Have they been re-bent? Are the washers on them?
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Quote by MAP View Post
    I will check more closely when I get a chance and will let you know

I noticed in a couple of photos of the interior where the paint looks more like a dark field grey as opposed to the darker almost black paint on the outside.

With regard to the outside darker paint I'm wondering if it may have been changed Luftwaffe Flak helmet at some stage but note sure about the national shield.

Interested to see what others have to say on this one.

Quote by MAP View Post
    So I just checked the helmet a little closer. The washers are still on, one split pin is slightly loose but the other is still very tight, I’d like to check the liner band more but don’t want to risk further damaging the liner as it’s already in rather poor shape, if I notice anything else though I’ll be sure to follow up though

Quote by chbingle View Post
    So I just checked the helmet a little closer. The washers are still on, one split pin is slightly loose but the other is still very tight, I’d like to check the liner band more but don’t want to risk further damaging the liner as it’s already in rather poor shape, if I notice anything else though I’ll be sure to follow up though
    Just to avoid a misunderstanding , rivets do not have to be tight to the shell. loose is normal especially for a helmet which saw use.
    I like the helmet , but like to see a better photo of the tricolor to see of it used to sit under the paint or not.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast