Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Real M40 Qeust helmet? Kriegsmarine?

Article about: Hello everyone, this will probably be my last question about the authenticity of an item that I'll post for a while. Sorry for bothering you people, haha. I want to buy this helmet and it lo

Default Real M40 Qeust helmet? Kriegsmarine?

Hello everyone,
    this will probably be my last question about the authenticity of an item that I'll post for a while. Sorry for bothering you people, haha.

I want to buy this helmet and it looks all original to me, I think it's Kriegsmarine? But it's being sold as a "Wehrmachts helmet''.
    Is it really all original? Thanks in advance!

Real M40 Qeust helmet? Kriegsmarine?Real M40 Qeust helmet? Kriegsmarine?Real M40 Qeust helmet? Kriegsmarine?Real M40 Qeust helmet? Kriegsmarine?Real M40 Qeust helmet? Kriegsmarine?Real M40 Qeust helmet? Kriegsmarine?Real M40 Qeust helmet? Kriegsmarine?Real M40 Qeust helmet? Kriegsmarine?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Real M40 Qeust helmet? Kriegsmarine?
    P
    Many

It not a Kreigs.

Marty
    Fortune favors the brave 644th td

ShapedSteel,

What is your opinion of the decal and its placement?

Mart

Are the pictures mirrored or is it actually that terrible of a fake?
    If they are not decal and stamp are on the wrong side of the helmet the "Q66" also looks bad and the liner looks artificially aged to me and the air vents look odd aswell.
    Luis

Thank you for your help,
    I do not know whether they are mirrored or not, they could be. The vent holes also looked odd to me but I found some on the internet that looked similar and I thought that they probably looked that way because of the angle it was photographed in and the paint. But I guess that it is a fake, or is it a restored one? I have never seen a fake one with this kind of shell before. Thanks for your help! I'll probably pass on this one.

Quote by Martin C View Post
    ShapedSteel,

What is your opinion of the decal and its placement?

Mart
    Hello Martin,

I don't know, I'm pretty new to collecting and I still need to get a book on decals. I don't really know if it's fake or not, I can see the obvious fakes but better fakes are pretty hard to spot for me.

Nothing good here
    D

Quote by PotatoDigger View Post
    Are the pictures mirrored or is it actually that terrible of a fake?
    If they are not decal and stamp are on the wrong side of the helmet the "Q66" also looks bad and the liner looks artificially aged to me and the air vents look odd aswell.
    Luis
    "Spot on" analysis.
    D.

you need more than a book on decals , also study helmet shells and markings ;-)
    Even the shell is fake.

I cannot believe that I fell for a fake shell! (I didn't buy it though, so that's good). I already have two helmets of which I'm sure that they're real and I still fell for a fake shell!!!
    I'm so embarrassed right now, haha

Thank you all for your help!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast