Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

WW2 U.S. infantry cap badge and U.S. air corps collar badge authenticity check

Article about: Hello all, I’m thinking of purchasing these two items which are listed by the seller as both being WW2 era. First is a U.S. infantry cap badge and the second a U.S. Air corps screw back coll

?

Default WW2 U.S. infantry cap badge and U.S. air corps collar badge authenticity check

Hello all, I’m thinking of purchasing these two items which are listed by the seller as both being WW2 era. First is a U.S. infantry cap badge and the second a U.S. Air corps screw back collar badge. As I’ve stated before I’m new to U.S. items and just want to make sure that these are actually WW2 and authentic before I purchase. Thanks in advance.

The cap badge is missing its threaded disk. If it were me, i would look for other examples in better condition.

Mart

?

I agree with Mart. You should be able to find better example for not that much $.
    The USAAF enlisted collar badge should be all brass. That one is VERY worn.

Semper Fi
    Phil

?

Thanks guys, for pointing all the issues out. I’m gonna pass on these like you suggest then and wait for others to appear. All the best.

Probably cheap because they look ground found. Yes you can get pristine examples for small money too.