MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Authentic SS bayonet?

Article about: Hello all! I have here a bayonet, and I wonder if anyone here can be so kind and tell me more about this item.. What are you guys thoughts on the insignias etc, did the REAL Waffen SS really

?

Default Authentic SS bayonet?

Hello all!
    I have here a bayonet, and I wonder if anyone here can be so kind and tell me more about this item.. What are you guys thoughts on the insignias etc, did the REAL Waffen SS really use these or is it all fake ?

Any insight, knowledge would be helpful!
    Thank you soo much for the help!! Cheers!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Authentic SS bayonet?   Authentic SS bayonet?  

Authentic SS bayonet?   Authentic SS bayonet?  

Authentic SS bayonet?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Authentic SS bayonet?
    P
    Many

CBH
    ?

Looks like a Fake to me, not the correct type of stamping on the leather, fake SS ruin on the blade.
    There was SS marked field equipment but this was issued before the war, in the 30's.
    There is a tread on the forum showing some real examples of SS marked equipment, I'd suggest doing a search for it.

?

Yeah I feared it was fake... I scrolled through the thread for manufacturer codes and couldnt find a match or anything, plus I never saw this kind of stamping on the leather before myself.
    Thank you for answering !

CBH
    ?

Take a look at the Sticky thread in the SS section "SS field gear etc markings" they show an example of a bayonet frog.

Regrettably, from what I can see the complete rig is a postwar fake. The frog and the bayonet which besides a bogus marking, does not seem to be proportionally correct. Best Regards, Fred
    Last edited by Frogprince; 06-28-2019 at 09:03 PM. Reason: minor typo

I agree, odd looking bayonet and the frog a ruffed up repro as well.

?

Waffenfabrik Mauser produced only WW1 S98/05 bayonets, and the SS stamps is a fake as both parts are period reproductions already. b.r.Andy

?

'SS markings' or 'Skull and Crossbones markings' on crossguard, spine of blade grips or pommel) - Various SS markings (Schutzstaffel or Protection Squadron) - no verification that any of these markings are authentic and not just curios or fantasy pieces.
    Some post war engraved bayonets were made which used a standard K98 bayonet with the maker, date and serial number on the bayonet and scabbard but has an engraving on the both sides of the blade and on the pommel. These were never issued by the German military or commercial organizations and were constructed in England during the 1960-1970s as fantasy pieces with only curio value. Engravings can be found for the German Navy, SS, Panzers, etc.
    And the frog is fake too ..

All the stamps are bad fakes.

?

Quote by jtns63 View Post
    'SS markings' or 'Skull and Crossbones markings' on crossguard, spine of blade grips or pommel) - Various SS markings (Schutzstaffel or Protection Squadron) - no verification that any of these markings are authentic and not just curios or fantasy pieces.
    Some post war engraved bayonets were made which used a standard K98 bayonet with the maker, date and serial number on the bayonet and scabbard but has an engraving on the both sides of the blade and on the pommel. These were never issued by the German military or commercial organizations and were constructed in England during the 1960-1970s as fantasy pieces with only curio value. Engravings can be found for the German Navy, SS, Panzers, etc.
    And the frog is fake too ..

I remember those Fakes showing up in the mid 70’s. I had never seen one of them and then 5-6 showed up at a gun show. If only one dealer had one he might of made some money. I am sure a bunch of collectors got taken on these over the years. I have only seen one real SS bayonet I believe it was real. It was like the one pictured in Whitman’s SS book. I think it was priced around $3000.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast