Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Kriegsflagge Real or Fake?

Article about: Hello everyone, I got this Kriegsflagge offered to me, which made me really excited because I've wanted one of these for a while now. So I did some digging on this forum but could not find a

Default Kriegsflagge Real or Fake?

Hello everyone,

I got this Kriegsflagge offered to me, which made me really excited because I've wanted one of these for a while now.
    So I did some digging on this forum but could not find an example like this one, and recently he send some extra images and in one of the images it looks like it says 1980? But when I look at it differently it reads like 1930. I also find the stain conveniently on the 3 or 8 suspicious....

So I must once again ask you wise men for help, is it real or fake?

All help is much appreciated

Kriegsflagge Real or Fake?
    Kriegsflagge Real or Fake?Kriegsflagge Real or Fake?Kriegsflagge Real or Fake?Kriegsflagge Real or Fake?

Looks ok to me.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

So from the dates shown this flag purports to have been on a vessel engaged in the battle of Jutland ( 31st May 1916 ) and ended up being one of the ones scuttled at Scapa Flow ( 21st June 1919 )

That said, it is in pristine condition for 3 years service - sure it may be a "memory flag" for someones service in WW1 and never on a ship - but it is still in perfect nick.... and that bothers me a bit.
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Thank you all for your replies,
    I hope that more people will join in because I'm torn right now on whether to trust it or not going by the replies.

Here's me really hoping that it's real.

I took it to be a memory item.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

I think it's got a good chance of being genuine, meaning it could have been made up to Weimar period, but wait till Alan (ww1czechlegion) has a look.

Hello everyone,

I had made the seller wait long enough already and because most of the reactions were positive I bought it.
    I have it in hand now and the white is more yellowish than in the pictures I posted above. There are also a lot of tiny holes in it (the moths took a few bites I assume?) but you can't really see all these holes in my OP.

It does shine a bit through but I looked at period photos and other examples and they have that as well, so nothing to worry about I assume?

All help is welcome!

What are the measurements? Dwight

Quote by drmessimer View Post
    What are the measurements? Dwight
    Hello Dwight, thank you for your response.

On the flag it says 5 x 28 (as seen in the last picture). I have not measured the flag myself yet though, right now I have stored it away until I can properly display the flag.
    If it's really important to the authentication I could measure the flag myself, but I'd rather leave the flag alone for now as it's VERY fragile.

Thanks again for your reply!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast