Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Nice uncommon Japanese WW2 civil defense helmet.

Article about: A nice Japanese civil defense helmet from ww2. I don’t see this blue liner often so it is interesting. If anyone has any info, I don’t know everything about this helmet and the info would be

Default Nice uncommon Japanese WW2 civil defense helmet.

A nice Japanese civil defense helmet from ww2. I don’t see this blue liner often so it is interesting. If anyone has any info, I don’t know everything about this helmet and the info would be appreciated.

That is an interesting helmet and looks to be in excellent condition.I have never seen a Civil Defense helmet with this type of colored liner before.

Regards,Geoff

Hello History Brick,is there an emblem or any painted Kanji on the helmet anywhere?

Regards,Geoff

Thank you, yes this example is very nice condition and I’m very happy with it. And yes there is some kanji on the back of the helmet, although it’s hard to read (both because it’s small but also because my Japanese isn’t good enough.

Thank you for the reply History Brick.When you have time I would love to see a photo of the marking/markings perhaps one of the friends on the forum could translate for us as my abilities are limited.Are the markings stamped into the metal or painted?

Regards,Geoff

The kanji is painted on. I believe it to be a name and address, but the kanji is very faded, that is why my family member (who is from japan, I’m just half) can’t read it.

My apologies for the upside down and slanted photo photo.

The kanji is very faded.

No problem History Brick! Thank you for posting the photo.I have made an attempt to enhance and rotate the photo to see if one our members can give us an Idea of what the Kanji might reveal. in any case its an interesting helmet.

Regards,Geoff
    Attached Images Attached Images Nice uncommon Japanese WW2 civil defense helmet. 

Unreadable ... looks like rust spots on my monitor.

-- Guy

Attached Images Attached Images Nice uncommon Japanese WW2 civil defense helmet. 

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast