Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Real or Fake Samurai Sword

Article about: Hi, wondering your thoughts on whether this is real or fake? Many thanks, Bob

Default Real or Fake Samurai Sword

Hi, wondering your thoughts on whether this is real or fake?

Many thanks, BobReal or Fake Samurai SwordReal or Fake Samurai SwordReal or Fake Samurai SwordReal or Fake Samurai SwordReal or Fake Samurai SwordReal or Fake Samurai SwordReal or Fake Samurai SwordReal or Fake Samurai SwordReal or Fake Samurai SwordReal or Fake Samurai SwordReal or Fake Samurai SwordReal or Fake Samurai SwordReal or Fake Samurai Sword
    Last edited by bob7876; 09-16-2019 at 01:03 PM. Reason: Added a stamp I think I have found on the SUBA? The big round bit between the handle and the blade Hope you can see it ok! Let me know if not and I will try harder!!

Sorry, I forgot to put the word 'japanese' in the title, sorry!

Default Images of the Grain

Hi,

Please see some images of the grain on the handle which look like the style of Gyaku Taka Notta? (This is purely from Google research, I am no expert, novice, or even beginner, and will not take offence if this is incorrect!)

The images are magnified and the last two are more of the blade itself.

Thank you!Real or Fake Samurai SwordReal or Fake Samurai SwordReal or Fake Samurai SwordReal or Fake Samurai SwordReal or Fake Samurai Sword

Default Close up of the handle and the flower?

Real or Fake Samurai SwordReal or Fake Samurai Sword

Hello? Does anyone have any thoughts?

Quote by bob7876 View Post
    Hello? Does anyone have any thoughts?
    I’m on an iPhone and cannot see the images clearly. At first blush it looks like a Type-3 with the handle improperly rewrapped and the fuchi (grip collar) missing; it has an incorrect (but seemingly authentic) leather NCO wrist strap attached.

We need to see the tang. You have lots of images that are “under review” and not yet showing.

Type-3 On Mr. Ohmura’s site:
    The wartime type Gunto for army officers 1943 (Type 3 GuntM)

— Guy

It's not a Japanese made sword. One of the telltales is the fake sword won't show its tang.

I can’t see the other pictures
    Fortune favors the brave 644th td

Bob please repost the images that the other members can not see
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Thank you, I will ask them to release the photos.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast