Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Egelsbach Feuerschutzpolizei?

Article about: Does anyone have an information of a possible Feurschutzpolizei unit Egelsbach? I have searched the site & nothing comes up for Egelsbach alone or with other search terms. I did some rea

Default Egelsbach Feuerschutzpolizei?

Does anyone have an information of a possible Feurschutzpolizei unit Egelsbach? I have searched the site & nothing comes up for Egelsbach alone or with other search terms. I did some reading up on Feurschutzpolizei & did not see Egelsbach in the reading whatsoever. The reason I am assuming it's Feurschutzpolizei related is because of the type of badge I have below. It looks like other Feurschutzpolizei badges.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Egelsbach Feuerschutzpolizei?
    P
    Many

It's a Feuerwehr patch.

The term Feuerschutzpolizei is often misunderstood and erroneosly used to refer to any Third Reich-era firefighting service. However, it is more complicated than that:

Fire departments are Feuerwehren. There were - and are - Freiwillige Feuerwehren [volunteer fire departments] (to include Pflichtfeuerwehren [compulsory fire departments]) and Berufsfeuerwehren [professional fire departments].

From 1936 to 1938, the professional and volunteer fire departments had the status of a Polizeiexekutive besonderer Art (roughly "Police executive force of a special status") and were collectively referred to as the Feuerlöschpolizei (Firefighting Police).

After 1938, most of the professional fire departments made up the newly-formed Feuerschutzpolizei [Fire Protection Police] and thus became part of the police proper, while the volunteer fire departments merely had the status of a Technische Hilfspolizei (Technical Auxiliary Police) and were under the supervision of the Hauptamt Ordnungspolizei [Main Office of the Order Police].

The FSP wore mottled green police uniforms, the Feuerwehren retained their dark blue uniforms. Sleeve eagles were backed in the respectice uniform color.

Egelsbach is far too small to have had a BFW/FSP; they have a volunteer fire department.

Freiwillige Feuerwehr Egelsbach: Startseite

Quote by HPL2008 View Post
    It's a Feuerwehr patch.

The term Feuerschutzpolizei is often misunderstood and erroneosly used to refer to any Third Reich-era firefighting service. However, it is more complicated than that:

Fire departments are Feuerwehren. There were - and are - Freiwillige Feuerwehren [volunteer fire departments] (to include Pflichtfeuerwehren [compulsory fire departments]) and Berufsfeuerwehren [professional fire departments].

From 1936 to 1938, the professional and volunteer fire departments had the status of a Polizeiexekutive besonderer Art (roughly "Police executive force of a special status") and were collectively referred to as the Feuerlöschpolizei (Firefighting Police).

After 1938, most of the professional fire departments made up the newly-formed Feuerschutzpolizei [Fire Protection Police] and thus became part of the police proper, while the volunteer fire departments merely had the status of a Technische Hilfspolizei (Technical Auxiliary Police) and were under the supervision of the Hauptamt Ordnungspolizei [Main Office of the Order Police].

The FSP wore mottled green police uniforms, the Feuerwehren retained their dark blue uniforms. Sleeve eagles were backed in the respectice uniform color.

Egelsbach is far too small to have had a BFW/FSP; they have a volunteer fire department.

Freiwillige Feuerwehr Egelsbach: Startseite
    I did read your similar post on a similar thread. I actually searched "Egelsbach Feuerwehr" & nothing popped up on this site in regards to Egelsbach specifically.

As always, thank you for the info!

Quote by captain20052019 View Post
    I did read your similar post on a similar thread. I actually searched "Egelsbach Feuerwehr" & nothing popped up on this site in regards to Egelsbach specifically.
    It was not to be expected, really.

Every volunteer fire department had a sleeve eagle with the municipality's name on it, only a tiny fraction of which will ever appear here or any other forum.

Just for a ballpark figure: There are currently some 24,000 volunteer fire departments in Germany.

Quote by HPL2008 View Post
    It was not to be expected, really.

Every volunteer fire department had a sleeve eagle with the municipality's name on it, only a tiny fraction of which will ever appear here or any other forum.

Just for a ballpark figure: There are currently some 24,000 volunteer fire departments in Germany.
    Makes sense. Prior to seeing your response, I was under the impression that fire departments or units were more tightly connected under a single governing body like the Feureschutzpolizei & that the departments listed on these badges were much larger also. Thank you for the clarification.

Also, I posted the screenshot of my search results or lack therefore just to show why I posted a new thread. I definitely wasn't questioning your response or something like that

No problem; I didn't take it that way.