Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

Value of a Norwegian issue Stahlhelm

Article about: I've had this helmet for a while, that I got originally for \\$80 New Zealand Dollars (it was part of a big bulk deal with a collector). I'm down-sizing my collection and so it's time for it t

?

Default Value of a Norwegian issue Stahlhelm

I've had this helmet for a while, that I got originally for $80 New Zealand Dollars (it was part of a big bulk deal with a collector). I'm down-sizing my collection and so it's time for it to go.

I've seen some pretty wildly varying prices, from 100 USD all the way up to 350 USD, so I'm not entirely sure what would be a fair price to offer this particular lid at.

So what would be considered a good price to sell this item at? We don't get many of these here in NZ, so I don't have any local examples to draw from for price estimation, I would appreciate the help!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Value of a Norwegian issue Stahlhelm   Value of a Norwegian issue Stahlhelm  

Value of a Norwegian issue Stahlhelm   Value of a Norwegian issue Stahlhelm  

Value of a Norwegian issue Stahlhelm   Value of a Norwegian issue Stahlhelm  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Value of a Norwegian issue Stahlhelm
    P
    Many

?

Hi,I think it's my turn to advise that the forum doesn't do valuations.
    You can probably get a good idea using Google or checking Ebay(sometimes I change my country settings to look for uncommon items)
    I don't see many ex Norwegian helmets on the auction sites even here in Australia.
    What part of NZ are you from?
    Kateri.

?

Hi, I didn’t realise that valuations weren’t allowed, I’ll keep that in mind next time. Auckland for me.

A pity that the Norwegian decals appear to have been scrapped off, no doubt in the forlorn hope that something else was underneath.

Hi, as said, valuations are not our thing, but as you genuinely were not aware I will add that good Norwegian helmets with both decals in place are getting quite sought after these days after being overlooked for many years. This one, however is not in the "top end" bracket due to decal digging so here in the UK it would be about £250. What that is in NZ I will leave for you to work out!! Leon.

MAP
    ?

We don't see them here in the US often but if this was on a "dealer" table at a show, it would probably be offered in the $300 range. Whether they bargain down is something I can't opine on but I think they would.

(maybe I'm lax, but I don't view this as a typical "what is it worth" question. I see you trying to be fair.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)