MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Real or Repo Japanese SNLF helmet

Article about: Is this a real special naval landing force helmet or a reproduction?

Default Real or Repo Japanese SNLF helmet

Is this a real special naval landing force helmet or a reproduction?
    Real or Repo Japanese SNLF helmetReal or Repo Japanese SNLF helmetReal or Repo Japanese SNLF helmetReal or Repo Japanese SNLF helmetReal or Repo Japanese SNLF helmetReal or Repo Japanese SNLF helmet
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Real or Repo Japanese SNLF helmet   Real or Repo Japanese SNLF helmet  

Real or Repo Japanese SNLF helmet   Real or Repo Japanese SNLF helmet  

Real or Repo Japanese SNLF helmet   Real or Repo Japanese SNLF helmet  

MAP
    ?

I'm looking at this from a phone so happy to be corrected. Old eyes and small screen.....

What makes this a SNLF to you vs say a NLF?

I think the liner looks to be artificially aged. From what little a can see of the insignia it looked to be bad too.

And unrelated to photo quality, I thought only the army marked the insides of the pads with dates? (Happy to be wrong here as well)
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

I’m not that versed in the arms of the Japanese forces , I saw this come up in my area and I saw the badge on the front was different from the usual star. I thought it might be SNFL because of the badge on the fron but if both SNLF and NLF have the same badge it could be either.

MAP
    ?

No worries. Let's see what others have to say. Happy to be wrong.

The badge itself is Navy. Not specifically for SNLF or NLF.

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Quote by MAP View Post
    I'm looking at this from a phone so happy to be corrected. Old eyes and small screen.....

What makes this a SNLF to you vs say a NLF?

I think the liner looks to be artificially aged. From what little a can see of the insignia it looked to be bad too.

And unrelated to photo quality, I thought only the army marked the insides of the pads with dates? (Happy to be wrong here as well)
    You're right Map, only the IJA mark their liners like this, and I also can't tell if the liner is real but IMO the shell looks like a real IJA shell, if you look closely you can just barely make out the character for large on the inside rear skirt.BC can you please post better clearer photos of helmet ,the anchor looks O.K. to me with these photos. Can you please post clear upclose photos of the anchor.If the liner is real it's SHOWA 16 which would be 1941.

Thanks, Bill.

I just noticed in your first photo you have the liner in backwards.

I’ll do my best to get better photos. I wanted to get better versed individuals to take a look before I bought it, just noticed that it popped up a few cities over. The seller is asking $300 CAD

MAP
    ?

If it was a legit IJN helmet that would be a steel. If it was a legit IJA helmet, it would still be a fantastic price.

Sadly though, it's been played with.

Thank you all so much for your help. Everything you guys noticed turned out to be correct.
    Real or Repo Japanese SNLF helmet

I truly hope one day I can be able to do what you guys have done here. Thank you again for your help in this
    Tristan

MAP
    ?

LoL. That was funny. Thanks for sharing

Far be it from me to criticize someone's really poor English but this is terrible. And then he claims he is an expert collector. He's not even an expert in producing a convincing fake. There are more things wrong with this helmet that I could spot them on my cell phone, with my poor eyes, at 12:30 in the morning and running on just 4 hours sleep over the prior 24 hours LoL

Don't worry though. You just learned something with this. Next time you will learn something else and so on and so on. This ain't rocket science but it does take dedication and time spent studying to become proficient

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast