Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

massive NSDAP flag

Article about: Hey gang, I scooped up this flag from a very reputable dealer recently. Has anyone seen this type of cord on an original piece? I have also included pics of the flag material & the swas

Default massive NSDAP flag

Hey gang, I scooped up this flag from a very reputable dealer recently. Has anyone seen this type of cord on an original piece? I have also included pics of the flag material & the swas for vetting. The swastika appears to be a canvas-like material. I don't have a measuring tape but I would estimate the flag is roughly 10feet long x 6ft tall +/-
    massive NSDAP flag
    massive NSDAP flag
    massive NSDAP flagmassive NSDAP flag
    massive NSDAP flag

- - ------- - -

massive NSDAP flag
    massive NSDAP flag

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement massive NSDAP flag
    P
    Many

?

Looks good at first glance... loops may be period replacements.
    (but I’m no expert on these)!

Cheers,
    Bob

Bedspread sorted then, looks great.

Good flag, can’t say I’ve ever seen that type of cording before.

Marty
    Fortune favors the brave 644th td

Good looking flag..

Based on what I am seeing the lanyard material is most likely period replaced,,, You can do a black light test on the threads attaching the lanyard to the flag and to check the lanyard material I would snip one of the loose threads and do a burn test.. But snip the thread off first before doing a burn test...

The material of the flag and the weave is correct for a period flag.. The flag appears to be faded a little (the red and the black of the swastika both,,, which could indicate that the flag flew outdoors on a building or a street light pole, another reason the fabric would be made of heavier construction to stand up to the elements outdoors (wind, rain, snow, etc.) and another reason why the lanyard was possibly replaced being exposed to elements outdoors.

I would have no issues with this flag in my collection.. I have several printed swastika NSDAP flags, not one like this with multi cloth sewing... I like this one..

Smitty

Thanks for taking a look & giving me feedback on this flag! However, I think I am going to sell it simply because I don't have room to display it.

I traded the flag back in Bill Shea's for full credit towards this Kreigsmarine side cap. Figured the cap would easier to display!
    massive NSDAP flag
    massive NSDAP flag

Great trade in, you did well

Thanks brother! We'll have to chat again soon!

Looking forward to it