Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Any help on identifying a German soldier?

Article about: Any good ways to identify a German soldier from WW2 by name? The people I'm looking for are the two known owners of a German gas mask that I have, Will Muller and W. Löffler. I do not know a

Default Any help on identifying a German soldier?

Any good ways to identify a German soldier from WW2 by name?
    The people I'm looking for are the two known owners of a German gas mask that I have, Will Muller and W. Löffler.
    I do not know any of those people nor are related to them.

I have an odd fascination to find the people who used items in my collection and I'm sure some others do. Sadly some things only come with a broad area to search.
    Any information on where I could go to find stuff on the people who served would be grateful.

MAP
    ?

Sorry to say, it will be near impossible with that limited information. If you had a Feldpost number it might be a bit easier (or so I've been told).

Muller (one of my ancestors was a Muller - a miller) is probably one of the most common German names. And if I am correct (but happy to be wrong), Loffler is not that uncommon either (another craftsman surname I think).
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Thank you. If you wouldn't mind, could I direct you to a previous post I made and see if you can make any sense of it? Dunno if it's against the rules or something.

The post itself is about another gas mask bag with personalization. No name, but a division and some number I don't know much about.
    It's sad that many veterans aren't alive from WWi to WWII to tell their tale.

MAP
    ?

Sure. I'm not sure I can help but will certainly take a look. Research is not my forte, especially for German Vets.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Any chance of identifying the soldier here?
    It's about a US ww1 vet, so it might be abit easier.

Small update.
    It's actually Willi Muller under closer inspection,

B995E098-B4C4-4B46-BA6A-7AD7E90E8D76.jpg
    I dunno if this is some kind of ID or whatever. Got it from my other post.

Edit: After some research I found that this is a marking for the Soldbuch. Am I correct and could this be linked in any way to somebody?

Speaking of the other post were A
    1940 dated canisters ever issued with a gm30 gas mask?
    Was D ever on the 1940 dated canisters?
    And is the metal bit holding the lenses commonly there? (Mine doesn't have one)
    Last edited by aircap1; 11-04-2019 at 08:58 AM.