Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

M16 Stahlhelm in Russian White Army Use

Article about: Hello everyone, I've heard that the Russian White Army used the WW1 German Stahlhelm models to equip the White soldiers during the civil war, they would also apparently mount an imperial Rus

Raises the question of whether or not one of these Russian used Stahlhelms with badge has survived and still exists.

?

Ukrainians are big dreamers! The author of the article (Nikolai from Voronezh) on this forum not only posted photos from the brochure "Livenets' Memo" - he also cited texts that were not correctly translated from the Estonian language!

The author did not pay attention at all, just like you, to the fact that this pamphlet was published in 1929!

A German helmet with a Russian metal eagle is a souvenir of some German volunteer! And no more!

But! Some Ukrainian fantasy artist thought of making drawings of Russian soldiers, on whose heads he painted this replicated fantasy helmet.

This is how fantasy myths are born, in this case about the civil war in Russia. But this is nonsense, which smart collectors and people who are fond of real history should not repeat!

Hello everyone! I can tell you about the existence of this helmet in the white army. I am from Russia and I am interested in the uniform of the white army. And more than that I can show a photo of this helmet.

There are photos of those years on Russian forums, but of poor quality, nevertheless, the cockades on the helmets are visible, as well as the memories of the participants of the movement confirm the official use of these helmets by the Libava volunteer detachment

The original article is in Russian, I translated it into English:

An exclusive element of the appearance of the Livens was the German helmet of the 1916 model, which was available to almost every shooter and officer. The helmet could be smeared with earth or dirt; with the help of leather straps, wire, ropes, ribbons and other improvised means, branches with foliage, bunches of grass, hay, etc. were attached to it. Along with the German in the Livensky engineering company, a Russian (sample 1916) version of the French Adrian helmet was also used.
    There is evidence of emblems attached to the frontal part of the German helmet, which, obviously, was intended to demonstrate the nationality of the formation of A.P. Lieven. Thus, before the residents of Riga, liberated by the Whites on May 22, 1919, the Livens appeared as "... a detachment of volunteers dressed in German uniforms with Russian shoulder straps and double-headed eagles on helmets." During the Estonian-Latvian conflict in June 1919, the acting commander of the detachment, K.I. Dydorov, in order to avoid misunderstandings, informed the command of the Estonian Army of the external difference between his men and the Landesverites: ".... the uniform in the detachments is mostly German-style with Russian shoulder straps and cockades in steel helmets ...". False eagles the Russian model is clearly visible in the photo of the Livensky machine gunners under d . Novoselka, made on July 29, 1919. With the large-scale deployment of the Libava detachment in the summer of 1919, emblems, apparently, ceased to be acquired, and, thus, helmets with eagles were preserved only by the few veterans who remained in the ranks.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2