Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

M16 Stahlhelm in Russian White Army Use

Article about: Hello everyone, I've heard that the Russian White Army used the WW1 German Stahlhelm models to equip the White soldiers during the civil war, they would also apparently mount an imperial Rus

Default M16 Stahlhelm in Russian White Army Use

Hello everyone,

I've heard that the Russian White Army used the WW1 German Stahlhelm models to equip the White soldiers during the civil war, they would also apparently mount an imperial Russian badge on the front as well.

So I've been searching for period photos and museum/collector's examples of these Russian Stahlhelms but I have not found any as of yet (outside of these drawings). So my question to the forum would be if you have found any period photos of these helmets and or you own one of these helmets then please post them here! Any more info is of course welcome as well.

Hopefully we'll get an interesting thread started.
    M16 Stahlhelm in Russian White Army UseM16 Stahlhelm in Russian White Army Use

MAP
    ?

Can't help with photos but an interesting topic. Hopefully others can provide some help. A very narrow topic however, so might be difficult.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Quote by MAP View Post
    Can't help with photos but an interesting topic. Hopefully others can provide some help. A very narrow topic however, so might be difficult.
    Thank you MAP, I also hope others with more info will find this thread. I'm aware it'll be difficult but I thought it would be worth trying. I've continued my search but with no succes so far, I did find an image of a bunch of M16's with soviet symbols painted onto them. But that only raises more questions and doesn't belong in this thread.

(I could post the image if anyone's curious).

?

Photos showing a mixture of German and Russian uniform elements do exist, I believe the artist has taken some liberties with the helmet.

If he used a period photo showing Imperial Russian eagles applied to a German helmet, it would the first I've seen. If the artist named within the book perhaps he can be contacted to find out.

Quote by mchap View Post
    Photos showing a mixture of German and Russian uniform elements do exist, I believe the artist has taken some liberties with the helmet.

If he used a period photo showing Imperial Russian eagles applied to a German helmet, it would the first I've seen. If the artist named within the book perhaps he can be contacted to find out.
    Good idea! I got the images off of the internet so we'll need to look where these images orginated from.

By the way, I also came across quite allot of images of Russian reenactors wearing M16 Stahlhelms so it is apparently also believed there that they did wear the Stahlhelms. So that decreases the chance a bit that it's just a myth.

What are picture text translated in Engrish? Where did that pictured army operated?

Baltics were under german occupation area, and likely were influenced by them as well. Don't know about polish/ukraine german influence.

And that big almost german looking guy on the right.
    He has 2-colored piping in shoulderboards, making him actual Volunteer! Not common conscript.
    ---
    Basically, who where white-russians troops who did actually use german helmets in more significant amounts.

Ludwig Baer book, Vom Stahlhelm zum Gefechtshelm I, page 390.

Two small black and white pictures and one sentence.

Jugoslawien
    "Serbian Kingdom used Austrian and German helmets, and aplied their own emblem front of the helmet"

Serbian kingdom eagle is similar to russian.

The german helmet bible didnt say anything about russian used helmets.

?

They are from Prince Lieven division, the Nothwestern White Army that operated in the Pskov Governorate, Estonia and Latvia during the Russian Civil War from 1919 to 1920.

?

You showed the German volunteer reservists of the Liven division! These are not Russian soldiers. The photo is not combat - the photo was taken after the German volunteer reservists of the Liven division left for Riga.
    At the same time, the Russians of the 1st and 5th Liven divisions were fighting for Krasnoye Selo.
    There are no tsar metal double-headed eagles on these German helmets and never have been!
    In the photograph, the eagles are painted with paint and these eagles were definitely not painted by Russians, because. the eagles are not drawn at all like state emblems.
    Why these eagles were painted on helmets at all is not clear - once again - in the North-Western army of Yudenich, no one painted eagles on helmets!

In the drawings from the first post, this is the fantasy of an artist who knows absolutely nothing about the North-Western Army of Yudenich and its officers and soldiers!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M16 Stahlhelm in Russian White Army Use   M16 Stahlhelm in Russian White Army Use  

?

Quote by SMERSH View Post
    You showed the German volunteer reservists of the Liven division! These are not Russian soldiers. The photo is not combat - the photo was taken after the German volunteer reservists of the Liven division left for Riga.
    At the same time, the Russians of the 1st and 5th Liven divisions were fighting for Krasnoye Selo.
    There are no tsar metal double-headed eagles on these German helmets and never have been!
    In the photograph, the eagles are painted with paint and these eagles were definitely not painted by Russians, because. the eagles are not drawn at all like state emblems.
    Why these eagles were painted on helmets at all is not clear - once again - in the North-Western army of Yudenich, no one painted eagles on helmets!

In the drawings from the first post, this is the fantasy of an artist who knows absolutely nothing about the North-Western Army of Yudenich and its officers and soldiers!

Here is the info, that Russians also used the German uniform: Studio "Siberia" forum --- Forum: Russian Civil war / Гражданская война в России --- Thread: Russian White Army in the Northwest. 1919
    Found this. Doesn't look painted.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast