Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

September 1945 ID card - noticeably missing the nazi eagle etc

Article about: Any information on these ID cards? i couldnt see any other ones from right after the end of WW2 (Obviously they notably no longer contain nazi and third reich imagery) were these only introd

Default September 1945 ID card - noticeably missing the nazi eagle etc

Any information on these ID cards? i couldnt see any other ones from right after the end of WW2 (Obviously they notably no longer contain nazi and third reich imagery) were these only introduced after September 2nd or earlier (WW2 officially ended September 2nd) are they rare? anyone know how i can research the person in this one more? It also notably contains english im assuming as germany wouldve been occupied at that stage? Were all citizens required to get new ID cards?

- also the image uploader for this forum ***** i think it may have rotated my images for some reason too.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture September 1945 ID card - noticeably missing the nazi eagle etc   September 1945 ID card - noticeably missing the nazi eagle etc  

September 1945 ID card - noticeably missing the nazi eagle etc   September 1945 ID card - noticeably missing the nazi eagle etc  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement September 1945 ID card - noticeably missing the nazi eagle etc
    P
    Many

Not Very Rich: I asked my wife who was in Berlin if new ID cards were universal. She said she could not answer with authority, but she thinks they were. She , her mother, and her dad were all given new ID cards under the auspices of the occupying power, in her case, the Americans. She cannot recall exactly when they got their new cards, but she thinks it was in August, because that was the month her dad went to work for the Americans as the chef in Harnackhaus, which was the US Army officers mess in Dahlem. I think it is safe to say that all Germans were issued new ID cards shortly after the war. Dwight

From my collection of papers... an East German/Russian example from 1948. Click on image to enlarge.

Cheers,
    Steve