Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Waffen SS Handschar Fez

Article about: Greetings, could I get some feedback on this fez in regards to originality? The insignia looks fine to me but I don't have nearly the expertise that others here have. Any help would be appre

?

I want to show you my new addition. Couldn't help myself. Since the annual vacation with the wife is cancelled due to the pandemic, I thought i'd treat myself.
    What do you guys think of this 2nd model Fez. I really love the deepred colour. Any tips on what to put inside as a shaper would be welcome. Enjoy.

Waffen SS Handschar FezWaffen SS Handschar FezWaffen SS Handschar FezWaffen SS Handschar Fez

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Waffen SS Handschar Fez
    P
    Many

Just like one of those I used to have.
    Why do you categorise it as "2nd model fez" ?

?

Hey Marco, Please take a look at this image, it explains:

Found the image via google. I believe it was posted here before somehwere.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Waffen SS Handschar Fez  

?

I have never seen a pointy fez in a collection. Im sure they are out there somewhere

?

I use this light metal hatstand which seems to put just the right amount of pressure on the sweatband to keep it from collapsing. The upper part can also be filled with whatever appropriate material you decide to fill the gap. This is a very economical (Cheap) stand I bought on Amazon that was too lightweight for helmets or visors. I hope it helps. Al

Waffen SS Handschar FezWaffen SS Handschar Fez

?

Hi Aldo, excellent suggestion. I found the same hat stand (in bronze) and ordered it. Let's see how it arrives.

?

For the people who are still interested in this thread: I found an image of the first pattern SS Fez worn by 13th SS Handschar troops. In this thread is displayed the 2nd pattern.

Waffen SS Handschar Fez

I learned that the first pattern was more commonly used by the Albanians in the Skanderberg mountain division SS. This was formed out of Albanians who tranferred from the 13th. Quite a confusing matter to be honest.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3