Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

New member! and helmet question

Article about: Hey there I'm Jack and have been interested in beginning a military helmet collection, I came across a M1 helmet but i'm not sure what it is worth, the general date of it or if it was painte

?

Question New member! and helmet question

Hey there I'm Jack and have been interested in beginning a military helmet collection, I came across a M1 helmet but i'm not sure what it is worth, the general date of it or if it was painted over. Here are some photos, any help determining the era and value etc would be greatly appreciated!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement New member! and helmet question
    P
    Many

Howdy Jack and welcome to the forum.

Since this is your first post I don’t believe your pictures will show to us. You’ll have to start a new thread in the appropriate helmet form. Most folks here don’t delve into value as most find value in the eyes of the beholder. But you should receive plenty of info if you are a beginner!! Good luck bud! I hope you find what you are looking for.

Jake, welcome to the forum. It looks to be a WW2 liner but can we see close up pictures of the paint? Can you tell us the maker of the liner.

Marty
    Fortune favors the brave 644th td

It appears to be a WWII era M1 helmet liner. If you look in the dome, there should be a manufacturer's mark. Also, look to see if there is a vent grommet right in the front. I cannot comment on the paint and Red Cross - but I suspect it is some post war addition. As mentioned, we don't offer appraisal. If you look up WWII M1 liner there should be some ballpark figures available from dealer sites. NH

Just from the paint and I’m going out on limb, it looks to be possibly a Vietnam era corpsman liner at the least post Ww2. The components of the liner look to be WW2 but close up pictures are a must.
    Do you have pictures of the helmet?

Marty
    Fortune favors the brave 644th td

MAP
    ?

Welcome Jake,

It would be best as the members above have noted to start a new thread in the correct forum. Please take more photos of the helmet as well.

The section to post it in is linked below.

https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/us-m1...-helmet-forum/
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)