Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

7th SS Volunteer Mountain Division Prinz Eugen + unknown totenkopf ring

Article about: Hey everyone, Hope you are all doing fine. I have some pictures here from two rings i got from my father: -he told me that one of the rings is a honour ring from the 7th SS Volunteer Mountai

Default 7th SS Volunteer Mountain Division Prinz Eugen + unknown totenkopf ring

Hey everyone,

Hope you are all doing fine.

I have some pictures here from two rings i got from my father:

-he told me that one of the rings is a honour ring from the 7th SS Volunteer Mountain Division under Prinz Eugen

The ring has a number 41 on the left and the odal rune on the right and it has a series of numbers on the opposite side of the ring..

7th SS Volunteer Mountain Division Prinz Eugen + unknown totenkopf ring 7th SS Volunteer Mountain Division Prinz Eugen + unknown totenkopf ring 7th SS Volunteer Mountain Division Prinz Eugen + unknown totenkopf ring 7th SS Volunteer Mountain Division Prinz Eugen + unknown totenkopf ring

7th SS Volunteer Mountain Division Prinz Eugen + unknown totenkopf ring 7th SS Volunteer Mountain Division Prinz Eugen + unknown totenkopf ring 7th SS Volunteer Mountain Division Prinz Eugen + unknown totenkopf ring

-The other ring, i have absolutely no clue, there is a lot of wear on it tho..

7th SS Volunteer Mountain Division Prinz Eugen + unknown totenkopf ring 7th SS Volunteer Mountain Division Prinz Eugen + unknown totenkopf ring

7th SS Volunteer Mountain Division Prinz Eugen + unknown totenkopf ring 7th SS Volunteer Mountain Division Prinz Eugen + unknown totenkopf ring

Just wondering what you guys think about it, i'm very curious if they are real or whatever information about them that is out there.

Thank you in advance.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 7th SS Volunteer Mountain Division Prinz Eugen + unknown totenkopf ring
    P
    Many

CBH
    ?

No orignal TR ring was ever marked on the outside of the band, also note casting flaws on the skull.
    The other Canteen Ring stands a chance, but I'm not familiar with this pattern, other will know more.

Quote by UranHexx View Post
    Hey everyone,

Hope you are all doing fine.

I have some pictures here from two rings i got from my father:

-he told me that one of the rings is a honour ring from the 7th SS Volunteer Mountain Division under Prinz Eugen

The ring has a number 41 on the left and the odal rune on the right and it has a series of numbers on the opposite side of the ring..

-The other ring, i have absolutely no clue, there is a lot of wear on it tho..

Just wondering what you guys think about it, i'm very curious if they are real or whatever information about them that is out there.

Thank you in advance.
    The first ring is a beauty and I would like to believe that it's real, albeit I never saw this design before. The Odal rune to the skull's left was the insignia of the 7th SS Volunteer Mountain Division "Prinz Eugen"). No idea what the symbol to the right of the skull is though. SS runes? If so, SS runes on anywhere but the cartouche is a big red flag for a fake/fantasy ring.

I am less concerned about the silver mark on the outside of the shank. I have seen this on other rings and this is not a typical 'Kantine Ring'. However, I don‘t believe that it is any kind of honour ring. The only honour ring I ever heard of is the SS Ehrenring awarded by Himmler to select men. It might be a one-off made for a guy in the Prinz Eugen but we would need higher resolution photos to better judge whether those marks on the skull face really are casting flaws. If they are castin flaws, it's a dud.

The second ring looks good to me. Heavily worn but that is not unusual. This is a common Kantine Ring design, I believe.

Cheers,

Stephen

CBH
    ?

I was unaware of any originals being marked on the outside of the band.
    Could you please proved an image of such a ring as I would like to learn about it.
    Also it certainly looks like casting flaws to the skull, but I'll wait for better images.

first ring fantasy , second real

Quote by CBH View Post
    I was unaware of any originals being marked on the outside of the band.
    Could you please proved an image of such a ring as I would like to learn about it...

I stand corrected. I was sure that a couple of my (genuine) rings were stamped on the outside. Having looked at them again, those with a stamp are all stamped inside the band or the back of the cartouche. Apologies for the misinformation. Must be getting old!
    Cheers,
    Stephen

CBH
    ?

Thank you Stephen for the reply, I thought that was a Quick Tell for detecting fakes, Thanks for the confirmation.

"... detecting fakes ..." ???
    really ??? )))
    this is not fake , this is fantasy )))

Hey Stephen, thanks for checking the rings.

The other sign besides the rune is the number 41 not SS but i'll make some close-ups soon with a better camera and post them here..

About the other one, nice to know this is a kantine ring. I'll do some more research to find similar designs..

cheers

Quote by UranHexx View Post
    Hey Stephen, thanks for checking the rings.

The other sign besides the rune is the number 41 not SS but i'll make some close-ups soon with a better camera and post them here..

About the other one, nice to know this is a kantine ring. I'll do some more research to find similar designs..

cheers
    Honestly, I wouldn’t bother checking the first ring any more. It’s a fantasy ring. The pattern never existed in WW2.
    Cheers,
    Stephen

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast