Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Need help with police helmet!

Article about: Im not an expert on helmets but i think the decals look abit weird, other opinions would be awesome.

well...to be honest when it comes to decals, fortunately now we can say that the knowledge is pretty good (for those who study them).
    "Opinions" are more suitable for camo or wire i'd say.

decals look good because the helmet is well preserved; also camera might enhance colors and brightness.
    The oddity of the eagle is because that eagle was made that way, a bordered Methner und Burger produce.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Need help with police helmet!
    P
    Many

Something new learned today. Thanks Sysyphus.

Quote by BlackCat1982 View Post
    No guess. Decals appear to look recent application and the Eagle looked odd. Just my opinion so no need to jump down my throat.
    Decal knowledge is based on facts , all advanced collectors that posted after me have agreed.
    Textbook decals for such a helmet , maybe admit that there is still something to learn instead of giving wrong information as first poster.

And that does look like a repurposed French liner. I have a French WWII helmet and the liner matches up. I knew that items were repurposed in the TR era but I neve knew liners were swapped out like this example. NH

Quote by Neil Hever View Post
    And that does look like a repurposed French liner. I have a French WWII helmet and the liner matches up. I knew that items were repurposed in the TR era but I neve knew liners were swapped out like this example. NH
    Straps were remade as well , there are some rollerbuckle straps often found on M42 which re-use Adrian helmet chinstraps.

?

Thank you all for the comments, it was very helpful. As soon as i get the money im buying this helmet:

Not a police helmet. The m34 models are never used by the ordnungpolizei. They had combat helmets. These are civil used models and where used by the Feuerschutz polizei (firebrigade). Decals are fine. Shell itself is fine.

Quote by KoBus Jan View Post
    Not a police helmet. The m34 models are never used by the ordnungpolizei. They had combat helmets. These are civil used models and where used by the Feuerschutz polizei (firebrigade). Decals are fine. Shell itself is fine.
    yes it has been said. post nr 5 by Donald

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2