Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Help finding out history of these German binoculars

Article about: Hi, I recently came into possession of these German binoculars and I've been trying my best to find out as much about them as I can without any help so far. I've found it quite difficult to

Question Help finding out history of these German binoculars

Hi,

I recently came into possession of these German binoculars and I've been trying my best to find out as much about them as I can without any help so far.

I've found it quite difficult to find any proper sources of information but these are my best guesses so far:

- According to the serial number, it was most likely produced in 1941
    - they are green, which suggest that they were produced after the Germans ran out of the black paint they used for various field equipment and vehicles. I believe this was sometime in 1942
    - one of the things that makes them unique is the fact they have the logo of Carl Zeiss Jena, yet in my research I have read that shortly after the war began the Germans stopped allowing these logos and production location information so that the Allies would not be able to target the cities where they were produced for bombing
    - Typically instead of a Kriegsmarine Eagle and swatsika, most German WWII binos said Dienstglas around the time these would have been produced
    - unverified but the only other similar pair that I've found online was on an old auction site. They claimed they were part of a specially commissioned order but not much more info was given

What I'm really interested in finding out is first of all, are these real? Secondly any information about them at all, but most of interest is who they belonged to?

Any insight, background or advice of where to find source material about these would be much appreciated!
    Attachments Pending Approval Attachments Pending Approval

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Help finding out history of these German binoculars
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

Welcome to the forum Bino.

Once your account is approved, I recommend you repost your question and photos in the section linked below. From there you will reach the right audience that hopefully should be able to help.

https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/field...s-third-reich/
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Apologies for posting incorrectly and thank you for the advice sir!