Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

M1 Identification Help

Article about: I recently purchased an M1 and after lots of online research I have yet to find one just like it. It is light green, smooth paint, has a liner with an open circle center, fabric straps with

Default M1 Identification Help

I recently purchased an M1 and after lots of online research I have yet to find one just like it. It is light green, smooth paint, has a liner with an open circle center, fabric straps with leather sweatband, swivel bails, fabric chin strap, metal flip strap adjuster imprinted on the underside with “PRVM”(I think), heat stamp looks like “VB” merged, “1955” and “4”. Any help or direction would be greatly appreciated!

- Christina
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M1 Identification Help   M1 Identification Help  

M1 Identification Help   M1 Identification Help  

This appears to be a foreign made item. Not a marking I am familiar with. The helmet folks will be able to provide more information.
    John

The liner is Dutch and not US.

Marty
    Fortune favors the brave 644th td

Dutch M53 helmet.

This is indeed a Dutch M53 liner.

The bolts holding the suspension are typical for the VerBlifa production in the fifties. This one is produced by VerBlifa (VB) in the 4th quarter of 1955.

It is a nice one that has not been updated witrh the new sweatband with leather straps. The fifties liners had leather chinstraps. So this webbing one is an update from the sixties.

Cheers,
    Emile

The shell most likely will be marked and dated too, on the inside of the rim near the front.