Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

POV on an ID'd Luftwaffe Visor

Article about: Hello, all. I am hoping this group can help share any details on this Luftwaffe visor. I don't focus on cloth and I bought 2 visors years ago. My questions are: 1) Does this look like a legi

That's definitely the same logo.Thank you, Stonemint. Very helpful.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement POV on an ID'd Luftwaffe Visor
    P
    Many

Thank you, ErWeSa. I was trying to make it out. Has anyone successfully researched a Luftwaffe name? Also, is there any way to know if this would be a pilot vs a support officer? Is there any indication on the visor itself? Thank you!

- - ------- - -

Thank you, Texasuberalles. Appreciate you taking a look.

Default Some more photos of the visor liner. Thanks for taking a look!

Thanks for taking a look at the visor. I appreciate your expert eyes having a look. I've always been curious. Also, is there an indication of what type of service he would have been involved in during the War? Is there a way to learn if he was a flyer vs support?

Thank you!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture POV on an ID'd Luftwaffe Visor   POV on an ID'd Luftwaffe Visor  

POV on an ID'd Luftwaffe Visor   POV on an ID'd Luftwaffe Visor  

I reposted new images. If you click on Page 2 of the images you'll see the new set!

?

It really seems to have a replaced visor/peak - what is interesting is that it seems to have been machine-sewn. You can see that the cardboard-stiffener of the centerband is broken - probably because of the resewing.

As all officers' visors were silvery-piped there is no indication to say which unit the officer adhered to - as there is no sweatshild which might have held a name-tag nor any other indication of Waffenfarbe I am afraid nobody will be able to determine which branch of service this officer belonged to.
    Last edited by ErWeSa; 03-29-2020 at 03:38 PM.

This is really helpful. Thank you for your time and POV, ErWeSa. Hope you're well and that your staying safe and healthy. Thanks, again.

Default Late War Peküro

Gentlemen,
    For some complementary information,I would like to post a Peküro Luft officer‘s visor out of my collection. It also has a non regulation visor (vulcan fiber, brown inside),...... sometimes seen with later war Peküro.....
    Got it from direct from owners family,
    Have also this Officers Soldbuch, issued 1943..he was Regierungsbaurat in the Luftwaffe, later in 1944 member of Bauleitung O.T. Einsatzgruppe Südost.

Brg,
    Martin
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture POV on an ID'd Luftwaffe Visor   POV on an ID'd Luftwaffe Visor  

?

Thanks for the pictures fcmlechma!

Very rare to see a regular WH visor/peak on a LW-cap. I know the edged version with green underneath, early edged version with black underneath, the version without edging with a green underneath, late war version without the edging with black underneath and the very late war version without egding where just the upper side was lacquered with an underneath in the natural colour of the pressed cardboard.

Again a proof of what was possible particularly in late(r) war and that not everything which does not meet the "textbook"/"the regulations" is a fake/reproduction.

?

Commander: that might be good news for you - check the seam which attaches the sweatband/visor to the cap. Is it the same all around - same thread without any interruptions? No extra holes in the visor? No left out holes in the visor?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2