Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

Need Help to identify a Helmet

Article about: Hello everyone, I recently got my hands on to this helmet, I don't know a lot about it, as the last owner did not tell to much about it. Anyway, the thing about this helmet is that it is an

?

Question Need Help to identify a Helmet

Hello everyone,

I recently got my hands on to this helmet, I don't know a lot about it, as the last owner did not tell to much about it.
    Anyway, the thing about this helmet is that it is an M1 helmet, as I believe, and it has the kaki pattern from the world war in the liner, as the front hole.

But it has been manufactured by Westinghouse Electric Company and in the label it can be read MICARTA 1956.
    And the other thing that confuses me are the two badges from both sides of the helmet. As one is from the 47th infantry division and the other one is from the 125th Field Artillery Regiment.

(LOOK THE IMAGES)

Any help would be apreciated, Have a good day.Need Help to identify a HelmetNeed Help to identify a HelmetNeed Help to identify a HelmetNeed Help to identify a Helmet

Correct, 47th infantry division liner not helmet. Post WW2 liner in really great condition.

Marty
    Fortune favors the brave 644th td

It’s the liner for theM1 steel helmet. This one was used for parade purposes with the div and reg insignia on the sides. The M1 helmet and liner was used, virtually unchanged, from WWII until the 1980s in the US Army so there is a time large span you will see these cover. The dark green or OD7 green liner is accurate for post WWII manufacture. Nice find.

?

08SMLE48, the last owner told me this helmet was from the Vietnam war, I frankly don't think so. But could it be from the Vietnam war?

This unit was formed in 1946 and ran to the early 90's. The 47th infantry division was primarily made up of units from Minnesota with some changes over the years to include North Dakota, Iowa, Illinois. The 47th did not see combat to my knowledge. The liner would have been used during the Vietnam Era.
    John

I would say that it’s from the Vietnam era. Can’t say for sure. The div was never deployed to combat operations but was a National Guard Div during the Vietnam War. I think it’s from the 1960s

Rescue you beat me to it. Haha. Thanks

Hello

some of these liners were in use for a long time.

This liner is a 1956 pattern made by Westinghouse McCarta in 1956. These were painted differently from the factory.

This dark OD color and the badges must have been on it later.

Nobody can tell you whether this liner saw Vietnam before repainting and attaching the badges.