Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Luftwaffe helmet help with authenticity

Article about: Hi all, I could use some help in determining the authenticity of this luftwaffe (M42 single decal) helmet. Who can confirm whether it is real or fake? Thanks in advance!!

?

Default Luftwaffe helmet help with authenticity

Hi all,
    I could use some help in determining the authenticity of this luftwaffe (M42 single decal) helmet.
    Who can confirm whether it is real or fake? Thanks in advance!!

Luftwaffe helmet help with authenticityLuftwaffe helmet help with authenticityLuftwaffe helmet help with authenticityLuftwaffe helmet help with authenticityLuftwaffe helmet help with authenticityLuftwaffe helmet help with authenticityLuftwaffe helmet help with authenticityLuftwaffe helmet help with authenticityLuftwaffe helmet help with authenticity

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Luftwaffe helmet help with authenticity
    P
    Many

I think Decal, Paintjob and liner are all fake, but the shell should be an original. I would wait for other Opinions just to make sure.

?

Nothing good here

?

I really don't like the Decal or the Camo. Would defenitly stay away.

Agree with all of the above. Everything here is bad but the shell looks like it may be original from the photos provided.
    Andy

I agree with all of the above. Jim G.

Stay away - as noted. What are some of the clues? First, the decal shows the telltale signs of someone trying to make it look aged or damaged by wear and tear. Note the strike marks across it. Second, that leather liner doesn't fit properly. It appears to have been clumsily jammed into the liner band. Right away, those two red flags are enough to kill this purchase. But if it is really cheap, it does appear to be an original M42 shell with liner band and so has some value. It would be a project to make it look OK as a no decal M42. NH

Re-enactor type 'fake'. Money best spend elsewhere , not even a project helmet as the Original paint and decal are long gone.

?

Many thanks to you al...
    Thanks for the tips and directions where to look...