Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

"meine ehre heisst treue" ring

Article about: i've actually seen reproductions of this ring on this site before. that's why i came here to ask about this particular one because it's such a weird piece. so the obvious fake marker on it i

Question "meine ehre heisst treue" ring

i've actually seen reproductions of this ring on this site before. that's why i came here to ask about this particular one because it's such a weird piece.
    so the obvious fake marker on it is the RZM stamp.
    the silver content says either 500, 506, 590, or 596. i can't read it even with a loupe.

the part that makes this one interesting is some are gold plated and worn down, some are way too pristine, but this one has such a low silver content and has a massive seam and is so beat up that it's gotta at least have some history even as a fantasy piece. so i was hoping to learn more about these and where they came from.

a man called to tell me that it belonged to a german sniper, but he didn't see the stamp so he wouldn't know it's got a fake marker on it.

decided to throw it in for you guys to judge anyways. maybe i missed something and not all rzm rings are complete write-offs, so i'm not outright declaring this is a fake and wasting your time.

i'd still like to know the history behind these rzm rings and if they were just things scammers made or if they were civilian heirlooms from right after the war.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture "meine ehre heisst treue" ring   "meine ehre heisst treue" ring  

"meine ehre heisst treue" ring   "meine ehre heisst treue" ring  

"meine ehre heisst treue" ring  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement "meine ehre heisst treue" ring
    P
    Many

CBH
    ?

The RZM is a Sure sign of being a Fake.

The RZM (Reichszeugmeisterei) was a quality control office for mass-produced material. Things like daggers, uniforms, caps, etc. As these rings weren't mass-produced, I simply do not think an RZM stamp has any place on a piece such as this one, and would discount it immediately based on that alone. It's possible the wear was incurred after decades of wear as a 'biker' piece, rather than it being wartime wear, as implied by the seller.

Regards, B.B.

CBH
    ?

Quote by BrodieBartfast View Post
    The RZM (Reichszeugmeisterei) was a quality control office for mass-produced material. Things like daggers, uniforms, caps, etc. As these rings weren't mass-produced, I simply do not think an RZM stamp has any place on a piece such as this one, and would discount it immediately based on that alone. It's possible the wear was incurred after decades of wear as a 'biker' piece, rather than it being wartime wear, as implied by the seller.

Regards, B.B.
    Only Political Items related to the NSDAP where RZM marked SS, HJ and Party organizations.
    Heer, Luft and Navy items where never RZM marked.

Quote by CBH View Post
    Only Political Items related to the NSDAP where RZM marked SS, HJ and Party organizations.
    Heer, Luft and Navy items where never RZM marked.
    Yes, sorry. I should have made that clear. The WaffenAmt was responsible for the quality control of military material.

A WaffenAmt marking appearing on a ring like this one would be strange indeed!

B.B.

In my opinion this ring doesn’t stand a chance at all.

thanks for the knowledge, guys.
    when i saw the rzm marking i knew i was dealing with something with little to no chance, but easy remarketability. so if it no history or anything i can just flip it.
    wish i could know more than "it's fake" and eventually find some traces of where these pieces came from.
    even if they were pieces made for early skins or ex-SS, that would be infinitely cooler than fakes just made to get a quick buck off collectors.

Despite the lack of clarity of the photos, this is obviously a poor quality, cast fantasy ring. This ring has nothing to do with WW2 or the Third Reich, let alone the SS.

?

I agree, it is a cast fake, look at the horrible mark on the front, If you plan on reselling, please, list it as such...
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture "meine ehre heisst treue" ring  
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

CBH
    ?

I want to state again, there are No RZM marked rings that are original, if you see that laugh and then run.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast