Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Original Type 90 Japanese Helmet?

Article about: This is my first Japanese helmet and I am hoping it is original. There are markings in the underside of the liner, as well as some markings stamped in the helmet. Since the picture isn't the

Default Original Type 90 Japanese Helmet?

This is my first Japanese helmet and I am hoping it is original. There are markings on the underside of the liner, as well as some markings stamped in the helmet. Since the picture isn't the best quality, I drew what they look like. Any opinions on the authenticity of this helmet would be appreciated. I would also be interested in what the Kanji translates to.

Original Type 90 Japanese Helmet?Original Type 90 Japanese Helmet?Original Type 90 Japanese Helmet?Original Type 90 Japanese Helmet?Original Type 90 Japanese Helmet?
    Last edited by kingsmountaincollector; 07-02-2020 at 03:09 PM.

MAP
    ?

Salty but looks all original. I can't read Kanji so don't know what the characters mean
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Original but incomplete with loose liner due to missing rivet (s) and missing the chin strap as well. Also tracing out what you think you see is a very bad idea, as what you did in red is nowhere close to Japanese, but gibberish that only makes the helmet dubious. Best to supply better lining photos to ascertain whether the liner is real.

?

The overwritten kanji are the helmet stamps shown in the image to the left, the bottom one could be a feint stamp of a star for the Daido Seiko armory, the top is normally 'large' or 'small' but it doesn't look like either of them.

It may be possible that I'm not seeing the whole kanji character. These photos were provided by the seller, and I haven't seen the helmet in person yet. I was hoping in this condition that it would be original. Here's another photo of the stamps. Is there a possibility it could be some type of manufacture mark?

?

Personally I think it is original, I'm not sure it would be a good buy though.
    The liner seems to have had a coat of paint and more concerning would be that with the liner condition and the broken pins I think it will just fall out. From what you see in the photos the condition can only get worse, if it is priced as a shell only then maybe, its easy to say wait for a better example, but that is budget dependent.

Steve.

?

The mark at the bottom (photo's bottom) is part of a star shaped stamp, probably from the arsenal. I've only owned a few T-90 helmets so I won't pretend to be an expert and try to tell you exactly what it is, but I'm sure someone here will know.

Good value? That all depends on what the seller wants for it. Personally I'd buy a rusted shell if the price was right.

I paid $200. Is this about the going price for a shell? I purchased this one because I can't afford one in nice condition. The only thing that concerns me now is the stamps, considering they don't appear to be Kanji. I did realize that I posted the stamp upside down. So that could be the problem, as well as it being faint. The top one does appear to be some sort of star...

Last edited by Nick Komiya; 07-02-2020 at 08:50 PM.

?

I think you did OK, my first helmet was less impressive but I displayed it for years until I could find/afford a better one.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast