Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

Japanese Civil Defense Helmet with USN Vet Diary painting on the shell

Article about: Hello everyone, I am new to collecting Japanese helmets. I will start with what I know: This is a Japanese Civil Defense helmet that a USN vet by the name of William Kashorek (see the two li

Default Japanese Civil Defense Helmet with USN Vet Diary painting on the shell

Hello everyone,

I am new to collecting Japanese helmets. I will start with what I know: This is a Japanese Civil Defense helmet that a USN vet by the name of William Kashorek (see the two links below) painted on. The paint shows every location visited by Kashorek during his service in WWII. There are two ships inscribed on the shell: LST 141, and USS Butner. Kashorek is the only crewmember matching "Wils" inscribed upon the shell. The Navy insignia is brass and thought to be original. The insignia was added to the helmet by the vet, as it was not issued with the helmet. I bought it from a guy local to me who had it in his garage. I am wondering what it is worth. I typically collect US M1s, so I might be looking to sell it if the price is right! I hope you guys enjoy this unique piece of history.

I do not understand why the photos are rotated automatically when I try to upload them. Apologies.

William F. Kashorek - News - The Leader - Corning, NY

USS LST-141 (LST-141) Crew Roster

Japanese Civil Defense Helmet with USN Vet Diary painting on the shellJapanese Civil Defense Helmet with USN Vet Diary painting on the shellJapanese Civil Defense Helmet with USN Vet Diary painting on the shellJapanese Civil Defense Helmet with USN Vet Diary painting on the shellJapanese Civil Defense Helmet with USN Vet Diary painting on the shellJapanese Civil Defense Helmet with USN Vet Diary painting on the shellJapanese Civil Defense Helmet with USN Vet Diary painting on the shellJapanese Civil Defense Helmet with USN Vet Diary painting on the shellJapanese Civil Defense Helmet with USN Vet Diary painting on the shellJapanese Civil Defense Helmet with USN Vet Diary painting on the shellJapanese Civil Defense Helmet with USN Vet Diary painting on the shellJapanese Civil Defense Helmet with USN Vet Diary painting on the shell

?

That's a very interesting piece of history, it amazes me that families let things like that go.

Badge is 100% correct period example as I stated on the FB group. Don't let others tell you different.

Admin can you please delete? I cannot figure out how to.

?

Wow, what a great piece!

Yes, definitely an original naval helmet insignia, an added bonus for sure!