Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

My new Italian front (?) M40 helmet.

Article about: Hi everyone, I just unboxed this M40 helmet I wanted to share. It has a few color layers. It looked like someone in the past try to peel of several layer of paint. Also it looks like this pe

Default My new Italian front (?) M40 helmet.

Hi everyone,

I just unboxed this M40 helmet I wanted to share. It has a few color layers. It looked like someone in the past try to peel of several layer of paint. Also it looks like this person was looking for a LW decal. I can't see any traces of a decal or maybe a shadow of a wing???

It is hard to see with the naked eye but it looks like a ET64 lot number 75. The liner is a 1940 aluminium liner size 64/57. Chinstrap is a reproduction. I made outside photo's and some inside. (Bad weather) By the way: I got this helmet from Brescia in Italy. That is situated in the north of Italy between Milano and Venice.

It looks a little blue-ish so maybe it is a LW helmet. I would like your opinion.

Thx and keep healthy in these times of plague.

Paul

My new Italian front (?) M40 helmet.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My new Italian front (?) M40 helmet.   My new Italian front (?) M40 helmet.  

My new Italian front (?) M40 helmet.   My new Italian front (?) M40 helmet.  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My new Italian front (?) M40 helmet.
    P
    Many

It does appear that they were looking for a Luftwaffe decal given how it was cleaned. Location they were looking in was a bit off but if it were there I would think part of it would have been found. The blueish/grey color looks a little light to be Luft and looks a little more post war German field grey (I am not saying it is, I just have several, one Finnish even that is real close to that color). Others on here with greater experience will tell you more. I like it. Even the Repro chinstrap works with it.